Chapter 39: Cold Hearted

It has been two weeks since I have spoken to Kash or even seen him and so much has happened to me. I know for sure that this demon who feeds on love is inside of me. I started thinking about things I never seen before. Bonnie and I sleep on the same body and I woke up one night and I was siting up staring at her and I felt like I was mad at her for some reason and I don't feel that way about Bonnie, I would never think like that. But Marbles has been adjusting to Bonnie's living room quite well. I've also been staying away from the South Pole when they have meetings. I don't want to have anything to do with them. I just go to work and that's where I am right now, moments away from my break. I have to use the bathroom really bad and I've tried to hold it and I realized that it is not such a good idea.

"Can I have two of the pink frosted cupcakes." a caucasion woman approached the counter with a smile. Both of her daughters were just beatiful and looked excited as I gave them both the cupcakes and the woman paid.

I couldn't wait to take a break because I can not wait to sit down. I have my eyes on three cookies and maybe even a slice of cake.

The next customer came up and she had to wait for the double duge cookies to finish up so in the mean time I took someone else's order.

I was on break now and got my book, ready to sit by the table. "Cammie can you clean the tables before you go on break?" Valerie asked me.

'Sure." I smiled even though I wanted to say heck no. She's been stressing me out and I want to rest, then again I probably don't really feel that way.

I started cleaning the tables that weren't occupied and started thinking about the dreams that I have been having along with Kash. That's the only way we kept in contact, if you will, but other than that I never spoke to him.

It was amazing how I was just thinking about him because the bakery door opened and Kash strolled in, but he looked different. He wasn't dressed as sophisticated as usual. He just had on jeans and a shirt and sneakers. He didn't get a hair cut and attempted to brush his wild hair down and when he came closer, I noticed that his eyes were puffy and the whites of his eyes were red. I stopped cleaning and looked at Kash for a long time as he stood next to me and tried to speak to me but stuttered.

"Cam-" he tried to say. Despite the fact that he looked terrible, I kept cleaning and went to another table. Don't look at him Cam, he's just going to make you feel bad for being verbal and then draw you back.

"Can we talk?" he asked me.

"I'm at work." I told him and kept cleaning.

"It's important, Cam please." he tried to convince me but I didn't answer.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for dragging you into something that you don't deserve to go through and never considering your feelings. I'm sorry for never talking about my problems as a kid because it made me closed now when it came to talking to you. And I'm sorry for always lying to you and not telling you the complete truth. I just figured that, I thought that if I didn't tell you there would be nothig that you have to worry about and things would be better that way and I was wrong." he told me and I exhaled.