Chapter 67: The Worst

Within the first week of December, we had the tree up and put the rest of the decorations up around the house and on the outside. I turned the Christmas music on in the living room and held Camron, dancing around with him. Marbles was asleep under the tree and Kash was lying on the couch with Riley lying on his back.

"I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause." I sang to Camron as I turned in a circle.

"I better not catch mommy kissing Santa Clause." Kash said all of a sudden and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh whatever." I laughed.

"Riley what do you want for Christmas?' Kash asked her and she became excited.

"I want a remote control car. Two of them so me and you can race it around the house. I want a doll house so that my Power Rangers could have somewhere to live. I want a lot of crayons-" she started listing.

After she finished listing what seemed to be the whole boy's section of the toy book she looked at earlier, Kash sighed, "And who is going to get you all of that stuff?"

"Santa Clause." she told him and Kash huffed.

'Santa isn't real. How the hell does he fit down a chimney?" Kash asked.

"Don't tell her that you insensitive rhino. Of course he's real." I warned him.

"Yeah you rhino. He is real!' Riley argued with him.

Kash flipped on his stomach and looked at Riley who rested both of her hands on his chest and squinted at him. "Explain to me how Santa can fit through our chimney. Since you and your mom know so much."

"Well, he is really soft and pudgy and maybe the fireplace gives him melting powers so that he could slide down." Riley made her argument and I laughed.

"Wouldn't the fire burn him?" Kash asked.

"No. He can't get burned he's Santa Clause. Superheroes don't burn." she argued.

"Santa isn't a superhero." I told her.

"He is so. Right daddy? And you are a super hero too." Riley told him.

"Really? What makes me a super hero?' Kash was curious and asked.

"Well you have bumps on your stomach like superheros." she began.

"You mean abs?" Kash asked.

"Yeah abs and then you have a black car and you have cool phrases." she nodded.

"Like what?" Kash asked.

"You ask too many questions. Just take the confident." she told him and I laughed.

"Oh geez Riley. You mean the compliment." I corrected.

"That's what I said." she looked over at me innocently and then Kash looked at me.

"Cam-planther." he reminded me and we started laughing. Before Riley could get mad, Kash slid on to the floor with her and started tickling her and kissed her cheek, "You are a trip." he said as he looked at her laughing. I noticed that Camron was nodding off so I took him upstairs to sleep and then came back down. Riley was now on the couch and relaxing and Kash was in the kitchen.

Kash was eating a bowl of grapes when I walked in. I stood on the other side of the counter and  leaned on it the same way he was and then started eating them too as we stared at each other. "Is this a game?" he asked me.

"Whoever gets the last grape wins a back massage." I offered.

"Sounds good to me." he told me as we continued to eat the grapes until it got to the end. I was pretty sure that I was going to get the last grape until he pulled the bowl away from me.