Chapter 43: Blue Face

When Kash and I woke up the next moring, we were checking our bodies for blood and looking around the room quickly. My eyes darted everywhere but the bodies weren't there and the pool of bloody mess that we fell into no longer coated our skin. I looked to Kash and his chest was heaving up and down. For some reason, I was even more scared then he was because I felt like I had a special connection with all of those people. I think they were young people, probably teens, I don't know but I almost cried as I thought about the nightmare.

His body ruled by exhaustion and confusion, Kash flopped back down on the bed and bretahed out. I didn't want to lay back down, in fear of going back to sleep so I headed to the bathroom and freshened up. Marbles was up and moving about so I decided to talk to him.

"I am so sorry Marbles. That wassn't Kash, that was his dad. You don't have to be scared like that again, okay baby?" I asked Marbles as I rubbed behing his ear and he purred and laid down with his eyes closed. I laughed, "Marbles you are too funny." I smiled at him as I stood up and went to the kitchen, washing off my hands. Marbles is clean but I stilll wash my hands before I do anything. I can't play with a cat and then go and make breakfast.

I was trying to push what happened yesterday out of my mind but it was so hard to. Wrapping my mind around it all was perplexing and made me want to cry again. When did life get this hard to live?

I just made oatmeal for us and then cleaned up the mess of choclate milk and the broken mugs in the living room. When all of the was done, Kash came out and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

I couldn't look him straight in the face when he walked out and I sat on the couch with my bowl of oatmeal. I kept my eyes on the tv screen and tried to ignore his presence. I wasn't mad, I was worried but to the point that there was nothing that I could do.

After a while, Kash sat down next to me on the couch and exhaled loudly. I kept eating while adverting his eyes, "You're not eating?" I asked him.

"Not now." he told me. Kash ran his hands through his hair, "I'm going to get a haircut later." he told me.

"Nice." I shrugged.

"Do you want to do something about that?" he asked as he pulled my hair.

"Ouch. Kash, I know you're trying to cope with things but we need to talk." I said as I put my bowl down on the table.

Kash hissed, "Here you go."

"Yes. Here I go. Are you not worried? Your dad looks exactly like you, he's 23 himself. Aren't your scared that he might go around and start committing crimes and you might be to blame. He can go against the rest of the gang and they won't even know it's your dad back from the dead."

"I know that Cam." he rubbed his head.

"Well then we need to tell them before things get worse." I said as I finally looked into Kash's eyes. "He already slept with Kat, making her think it was you."

"We don't know that. We can't ask her." Kash answered harshly.