Chapter 47: Berry Jealous

[NOT IN CAMMIE'S POV]

Cammie shivered violently under the thick blankets. There were 3 thick wool blankets on top of her and she was dressed in a long sleeved shirt, one of Kash's sweaters, socks and long pants and she was still freezing. Her teeth clattered and she sneezed a couple of times and started crying. 

Kash pulled the blanket closer around him and then scratched his arm that was peeling. His ears were stuffed with tissue and the tissue was stained with blood. This is only the first day of the healing cycle and all of this is happening. Kash's teeth clattered and he sat on the bed next to Cammie and laid down, "Stop crying." he told her "We're going to be okay now." 

He moved closer to her and used the only blanket he had left and put it over Cammie as his body shivered. "Just try to keep warm." he started shivering and his teeth chattered. Kash curled up in a ball so he could keep warm and Cammie struggled to turn around and looked at him through her tear filled eyes.

"Where is your blanket?" she asked him with her raspy voice that cracked as she spoke softly.

"I'm alright. Just keep warm." he told her and covered her neck with the four blankets and held the ends that met together to trap the heat even though it wasn't that effective. 

"Ar you feeling any warmer?" he asked her. 

Cammie nodded, "A little." she scratched at her neck that was peeling. They are literally going through hell right now. "Kash, you have to keep warm too." she told him.

Cammie rolled on top of Kash and he grunted in pain, "Oh hush." she said and laid down on him sideways and spread the blanket over them both. "Do you feel a little warmer?" she threw the question back at him.

"A little." he mocked her previous answer. 

Cammie sighed, looking at the closed the balconey window curtains in the hotel that they've been at for a while. Soon Marbles hopped up on the bed and settled down near Cammie and she smiled. "Aww Marbles, I'm so glad that you didn't get hurt. Mommy and Daddy are so sorry that we brought you to that scary place. I didn't want to hurt you." Cammie kissed Marbles nose. 

Simone did more research and found out that they could use a stray cut put Cammie must shed blood from her palm onto the cat so she wouldn't have to use Marbles. They snuck Marbles into the hotel because Cammie couldn't stand being without him.

"Cam stop talking like that, weirdo." Kash said as he heaved and rolled Cammie off of him gently. His weak body headed to the bathroom and he began throwing up and a few minutes later, Cammie ran up, throwing up in the shower and washing it out. She sank down by the shower and the water started hitting her hand, the hand with the bandaged palm. Kash washed off his mouth and when he turned around he went over to Cammie.

"You didn't fall did you?" he asked as he picked her up and then turned the water off.

"No. I sat down." she said as he led her over to the sink and held her up so that she could clean her mouth off. Cammie began whining again because she felt the most horrible and even though Kash was sick also, he was taking care of her.