Chapter 69: Times Have Changed

"Camron, you can't eat everything that we're eating. Take your time." I told him as I leaned over and put the small section of a pancake that I sectioned off in his mouth. He ate it and spit some of it out and I wiped it up. I pulled the high chair a little closer and wiped his mouth, "You wanted it and then you want to be nasty and spit it out."

"Is everything okay you guys?" our waitress came over with a peppy smile and clasped her hands together. We walked to a breakfast buffet this morning and sat around the table.

"Everything is just fine." I told her with a smile and she walked away to refill my orange juice and soon returned.

Riley and Kash went to get their first plate while I stayed with Camron because I had already gotten my plate. I saw Riley skipping over with a plate in her hands.

"Slow down before people think that we don't feed you." Kash told her and she slowed down to walking and slid into the booth.

Kash sat down next to her and I looked at her plate, "Raoul, why did you allow her to take so much. You know she gets really sleepy after she eats a lot and we don't need her falling asleep." I said.

"Riley is a big girl, she can eat all of that." Kash told me.

"Riley is 3 and you are comparing her eating habits to yours. You eat way more then her." I told him as I gave Camron small pieces of eggs. He seemed to like the eggs better than the pancakes.

"I can eat all of it." Riley smiled at me as she picked her fork up and cleaned it off with a napkin. I tilted my head to the side and looked at her.

"Who taught you to do that?" I asked her.

"Do what? I use a fork lots of times." she said to me.

"No clean it off like that?" I asked her.

Kash cut in to answer, "She saw one of the workers coming out of the kitchen with a tray of forks and spoons and she asked him if they were new and he told her that they wash them in a big dish washer. And little Cammie here-" Kash smiled at Riley and she laughed, "said that not all of the forks would be all the way clean and said she wanted to clean it herself."

"Couldn't have said it any better." Riley shrugged as she brushed her thick hair off of her shoulders.

Kash laughed, "I swear she talks just like you." he told me.

"And acts just like you." I added in. It was such a beautiful morning to be eating breakfast out with everyone and being able to relax. Especially because of the dream I had last night and I have to tell Kash about me going to see Simone and also Blaze.

Camron made a 'stink stink' as Kash calls it so I took him into the ladies room to change his diaper. I pulled the holder down and put him on top of it, "Okay-this is powerful." I covered my nose for a moment.

"What a cutie." I heard someone say and there was a woman standing next to me, looking at Camron.

"Thanks. He takes after me more than his dad." I joked.

She laughed and continued to look on as I changed his diaper and I grew very uncomfortable and the defensive mommy mode came on. "Excuse me ma'am but do you have somewhere to be? I don't really need your assistance."

"Oh I'm sorry. It's just been so long since I held a baby." she smiled and I finished up changing Camron.

Holding him and changing arms so that I could wash my hands, "Well you aren't holding this one." I left without drying my hands fully.

I put Camron back in the high chair and sat back down, "You good?" Kash asked me.

"It's are you okay. Mommy is always good." Riley corrected Kash and poked him in the arm with a fork.