Chapter 46: Pride and Prejudice

[Done in Narrator's POV, NOT CAMMIE]

Complete opposites the two. The eldest being 32 and the youngest 25. Even thought they didn't look the same at first glance, you could still spot the slightest things that made them sisters. 

The youngest, Angela, stood only 5'1 with a average frame.She looked a lot younger because of the freshness of her cinnamon colored skin and the playfulness of her smile that was accompanied by deep dimples on each cheek. Her eyes were evenly spaced and her eyebrows penciled in more to suit her beautiful features. The youngest daughter, but older than Kash she was the only to receive the almost golden eyes of their mother, Valentina McDufy.

Valentina McDufy wad a beauty back in her day. A tall woman with thick hips, solid thighs and a tight waist made Raoul Sr. crazy out of his mind and set out on getting her. In their neighborhood, Valentina was the only fair skinned Dominican with lighter eyes than the rest and Raoul Sr. was beyond sprung.  

Lucinda, 32 was the eldest in the house, therefore she took both of her mother and father's role at times. She was a curvy woman and hated the term fat because she believed her fat was in all of the right places. She had a toffee color to her skin that made her pass as a light skinned black woman. Her hair was cut to stop under her ears but was soft and dyed honey brown. She was one of those women who looked angry all the time but it made her all the more beautiful. 

"¿Eso es poco de auto feo de Raoul?" Lucinda asked as she let go of her 5 year old daughters hand, Sophia and stormed over to Kash while Angela continued to push the stroller.

Kash was in shock and Cammie was confused as to why Lucinda smacked Kash hard in the face and then pushed him. 

"¿Dónde has estado? Desapareció en nosotros desde hace años y que está simplemente vagando por el parque como si no existimos?" Lucinda screamed and Cammie moved away from the woman, not knowing what was going on.

"Calm down." Angela said and took the baby boy out of the stroller who was 10 months and rocked him. She looked over at Lucinda's daughter and smiled at the little girl with the olive colored skin and long brown ponytail, "Mamita, that's your Uncle." 

Sophia looked over at Kash, confused, "Tio?" she asked and Angela nodded with a smile on her face. 

Lucinda continued to yell in spanish at Kash who refused to answer but when he did, he answered in Spanish and Lucinda calmed down, crying, "Raoul, I worry all night that something could happen to you." she covered her face "mi hermano pequeño." she sobbed.

Kash's muscles were stiff, before him were 2 out of his five sisters and he hasn't seen them in years. Lucinda was the strongest, she never cried. The only time she cried was when she didn't get into her dream college but their mother fought for her to get in and she did. Kash could no longer speak so he just embraced his older sister and memories flew back to him.

He remembered how she comforted him whenever something small would happen. She would always hold him and rock him and give him kisses. He loved is older sister dearly, that was his savior when he was a boy. And now here she is. The last time he seen her was when he was 17 and she was 26 years old and getting married. That's the last time he saw his family. He probably only gave them two calls after that. He remembers how he hated that fact that she got married to a Puerto Rican guy and Dominicans and Puerto Ricans don't usually get along.