Chapter 73: Playing Fair, Playing Dirty

IMPORTANT NOTE! Read chapter 19 first because you need to remember something in order to understand what happens. Unless you have perfect memory of everything that happened in this long book then go back and read. Trust me you might need to.

SECOND IMPORTANT NOTE! If you are reading this on the Wattpad mobile app, If you can or want to, leave comments on the text as you go along so I can see what you think is about to happen and how this builds up!

ENJOY!

"I really don't want you to go." Kash told me as he slowly pulled his basketball shorts up and put socks on his feet. I was standing before the mirror, getting ready for work in dark jeans that I wore with a long shirt and a cardigan with flats. I pushed her hair back with a black band and turned around to look at Kash. 

"Why re we still talking about this? I told you to drop Camron off at Slim's, take Riley to school and me to work. Just follow direction." I told him.

"But if I follow your directions then it might get the both of us killed." Kash explained to me as he walked up next to me at the mirror and brushed his wild waves down. 

"You need a hair cut." I told him.

"I don't give a shit_. I don't have to cut my hair." Kash told me and I rolled my eyes.

'Kash what is the Tilmire Hotel near?" I asked him and folded my arms. 

"It's across the street from the park. Why?" he asked me. i went over to my work bag and pulled my laptop out. I already had the page opened up, so I turned the computer in Kash's direction.

"From 4:30 to 9, Tilmire Hotel is hosting a Spring Festival at the park. All guests at the hotel have free entry. You know what that means-the hotel will be almost empty. Giving Diablo enough time to kill you." I slammed my laptop shut.

"That means you coming would make it worse." Kash argued with me but I shook my head. "He can kill the both of us. You are not thinking as smart as you claim to be." he put his hand on my shoulders and stared into my eyes.

"I am going to need you to go to work and then pick up Riley and go to Slim's house and you'll wait for me to get back and everything will be alright. I'm not losing anyone else. Got it?" he asked.

"Kash you have to understand that if I don't go, Diablo will kill you. Diablo always plays fair." I said.

"How will him killing me be fair?" Kash questioned me with a confused expression on his face.

"Because he took the time to learn all of the rules and you didn't so that's a mistake on your part, not his. It's not his fault that you can't see things when they are coming at you." I explained.

"So you know these rules?" Kash asked.

"I do know these rules-that's why I'm warning you and letting you know that I need to be present at this meeting."