Chapter 25: Loathe

Kash's dad, Raoul Sr., still possessed how son's body. Cammie rested her body down on the floor gently with the gun in her hands and for the rest of the night, she laid there. Her eyes remained locked with the cruel brown eyes across the room. He no longer spoke to her but never looked away. The silence made Cammie fall asleep, not waking up until the next morning. She has fallen asleep with her back turned to where Kash' body was handcuffed and at 8:27 A.M when she turned around, Kash was still handcuffed but asleep.

Cammie struggled to stand up and left the room. She came back for the gun and brought it into the bathroom with her. Cammie leaned against the sink and finally brushed her teeth and washed her face off. She took a small rag and dampened it with cold water. Cammie forgot the gun in the bathroom and headed back to the bedroom. She squatted down by Kash who's forehead was sweating and he looked drained. 

Cammie patted the cold rag on his forehead and looked at his face. "I'm so sorry this is happening to you." she told him and rubbed his face.

Kash pulled his arms from behind him and showed Cammie the handcuffs opened and shook them off to the ground. Cammie looked at Kash open his eyes and they were black. Cammie sighed with relief and embraced Kash, holding onto him tightly and tears formed in her eyes.

"I was so scared..." she managed to say through her tears. "How did you get out?" 

Kash looked at Cammie and stood up, "Did you fall asleep?" he asked her.

"Yes..." she nodded "But-" she tried to say.

"When I snapped out of it, I was on top of you Cam and you were still asleep." he told her. Cammie's face changed slowly and she moved back from Kash and put her hand over her shorts, not before she adjusted the pajama shirt. 

"What did you do to me?" she asked as tears knotted her throat.

"Nothing." Kash said leaving the room "But I almost did...well not me." he left and went into the bathroom and took a shower. Cammie found it hard to move past almost being taken advantage of my Kash's dad's spirit. And on her mind also was Castillo and what he said to her the night before. 

After Kash took a shower and freshened himself up, he sat in the living room and switched the tv onto the news. 

Cammie went into the kitchen and saw that the barbecue chicken she made was still out and so was the rice. She put them into the refrigerator fir lunch later on in the day and started breakfast. She was worried about Kash and the toll this must be taking on him. And now that she somewhat figured out what was up with his shoulder all this time, she didn't know what to expect. Would Diablo send people here for them? Can they remove it? Has he always been watching? Why?

Cammie made banana pancakes and sliced fresh strawberries over them. She made tea for Kash and poured a glass of orange juice for herself and walked into the living room. She passed the plate to Kash and then the cup of tea and sat down next to him. 

June is approaching slowly and that means people are graduating, not her. Cammie looked up at Kash, noticing their extreme difference in height and width, something she always thinks about. His size always intimidates her and even more now when he brought up the fact that he wanted to have a baby with her. Her and Kash having a baby? They don't even claim each other. Cammie couldn't see that happen  and honestly, neither could Kash but something had to be done.