Chapter 81: Sneek Peek

So I am doing the pre-writing of the second book of The Understanding. So the book will be called Ultra Secrets as I told you all in the last chapter and I am really excited to get this going. I wrote 7 chapters already because I know that I am going to be very busy because it is my Senior year of high school.

For things to expect I won’t go in too deep but I am trying to make it even more realistic and not have too many good things working out because Kash and Cammie seem to be holding onto that destiny thing too much, right? I think in this book there will be some of you who end up hating Kash and siding with Cammie or completely hating Cammie and thinking that Kash is always right because that always happens when a female character messes up…and females think this usually but it’s K! J

There will be a lot of surprises and I mean A LOT! Like I didn’t think that will end up happening and then like little things that came up in the first book will be made bigger and this book will just be all about secrets and lies and a little more sexiness….all types of sexiness. I’ve been watching hit the floor and it just made me feel all sexified so I decided to incorporate that and some deep shit_.

The way this book is going so far, I feel like it will be a possible TRILOGY! Like that’s how much stuff I have planned. So remember September 1st you guys! I can’t wait to post.

This is the first time I am going through with a sequel so Imma say this right now. I want this book to do really well so everyone reading here-=transfer to the next book. I don’t like tooting my own horn but I worked darn hard y’all so read, comment and share. Please comment. Last couple of chapters had comments in the 100s so I know it is possible for everyone to comment and I really like hearing from you all and I’m not bullshitting_.

So yes September 1st!

And here is the sneak peek, I decided not to do like the first chapter sneek peek like I usually do but something almost a couple of chapters in-

I waited at the front of Cinder Elementary like I have been doing so far all of September. Camron was in my arms and I had a great parking space to the front, waiting along with some other parents, those who “knew of me” giving me a side eye.

I heard the bell and after a while students started coming out. I waited for a while and Rubin came out with his Kindergarten class but I didn’t see the other Kindergarten class that Riley was in.

“Hey Rubin, how was school?” I asked him.

“It was fun. We did finger painting today,” he showed me the blue stains on his shirt. I laughed and rubbed his cheek. He is talking a little more and feels more comfortable day by day. 

After a while, Riley’s class came out and I was waiting to see her face and only saw her at the very end of the line. Her arms were folded across her chest and she was crying. Her hair at her waist, out at the back and a ponytail on top, braided down. 

“What happened to Riley?” I asked Rubin and he shrugged. 

Riley is supposed to check in with her teacher that she is leaving but instead she started stomping towards us, taking her Ninja Turtle book bag off and throwing it to the ground, walking away from it.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked her.

“I’m not coming back here!” she shouted and walked up to me, hugging my legs, “I never want to come back again!”

“What happened?” I asked her as she started crying and I reached down to rub her back as I tried to balance Rubin.

Soon her teacher Mrs. Bodden approached me, an older black woman, “May I speak to you inside?” she asked me.

I followed her in, picking Riley’s book bag up as I went. Riley and Rubin waited in the office as I went into the classroom, “Why is Riley crying?”

“Do you control what she picks out to play with and what she watches?” she asked me.

“No, I’m really open with what my children play with,” I said.

“See there is the problem. Riley is very disobedient. She doesn’t go in the station that she is assigned to,” Mrs. Bodden said.

I looked around the classroom and squinted as I held Camron, “What did you assign her too?” I asked.

“Uh let’s see,” she picked up a piece of paper, “The kitchen station, the dress up and theater and the playhouse.” She told me.

“Mhm, and what does she go to?’ I asked.

“She likes theater because she likes to tell other people what to dress in and how to act things out. But she goes and plays with the trucks and the tools and all of the blocks,” she told me.

I rolled my eyes, “And what is she learning from that?”

“She is learning the fundamental skills that will prepare her in life,” she told me.

“You are preparing her to be a mother and a stay at home wife,” I stood, “And the world is changing. Women no longer stay at home, we work!” I told her.

“You’re working? I heard you were let go,” she said to me.

I sat back down and pointed at her, “You will not tell my child that she cannot play with the building blocks and the trucks because that is what she likes and I am not going to tell her that she is wrong for being who she is.”

She shook her head, “This whole family is a mess. A father in jail and a mother with no ambition,”

I couldn’t believe that this woman was insulting me the way she was and I am not the type to curse and act out of character but I didn’t want her to win, “Mrs. Bodden you do not know me nor my home life. I just recently lost my job and I am searching for one. Do not try to tell my daughter that she cannot go and play with what she wants to play with in here,’ I left not wanting to argue any longer. If Riley only comes home and complains again then I will make this issue bigger.

_

So that was one of the main issues that will be addressed in the book! Hope you read and comment! I promise it will be good even I have the chills!

Love you all sooo much!