Chapter 6: Fresh Canvas

"This is the last time we're going to be shopping in San Diego, so go crazy if you want to." Kash said as he parked the car and we walked out onto the boulevard. I was smiling ear to ear and just in such a good mood.

"Why do you seem so happy?" Kash asked me.

I smiled, "Because it's been so long since I've been able to see clearly. I'm just  happy because everything looks brighter and better." I said. Kash looked over at me and smiled a little bit.

We walked into the store and I looked around at all of the clothes. "You like to dress casual right?" he asked me.

"Like jeans and a shirt?" I asked him.

Kash shook his head and hissed, "No like...blazer, cotton shirts, chiffon, chino pants... Those types of things." he said.

"Uh, yeah." I said. I had a dress on today because I only had good luck with that one outfit.

"Pick an outfit out now. I want to see what you would wear." he said. I looked around the store and picked up a pink shirt with jeans and pink heels. I showed it to him.

"That's it?" he asked me. I nodded and he slapped his forehead.

"Cam, you don't wear accessories? No bag, no jewelry? The shirt and shoes don't have to be the same color." he said to me. He took the things out of my hand.

"Let me show you what I think you look nice in." he said. He started gathering things around the store and handed me a bunch of clothes, accessories and a pair of heels. "Go try this on. I'm outside of the dressing room." he said leading me to the dressing room.

"You're not going to come in?" I asked him.

"No, I'm not your mother." he said. I took the dress and shoes off and put on the clothes. He gave me a cream colored tank top with a mustard blazer and dark skinny jeans with black sling back heels. He also gave me bracelets and a pair of earings to try on. It actually did look nice. I came out of the dressing room and he looked at me.

"Do you like this?" he asked me. I nodded. "Alright, I'll pick out something else for you to wear." he said. By the time I changed out of those clothes he came back with something different. I changed into the white button down, yellow shorts with a brown belt, a floral blazer with yellow heels and a brown shoulder bag. I came out and showed him.

"I think you look really nice, Cam. You just have to work with what you have. This style looks nice on you." he said. "But I like when you wear dark colors too and make it look lazy and quickly put together. It works for you." he said. I nodded.

"Where did you learn to put all of these things together?' I asked him as he joined me in the dressing room and I changed out of the clothes.

"I have 5 sisters." he said. I widened my eyes. "My parents kept trying until they got a boy and I was the last kid." he said. I was having trouble strapping on the heels that I came with. He knelt down and helped me.

"So I grew up having to give them my opinion on what they wore, watch fashion networks with them and look through magazines with them. But they were my sisters so I did whatever they wanted to me to do to make them happy. But when they tried to put makeup on me I said fuck_ it." he said. I laughed and he looked up at me.

"And I never really met someone like you with no sense of style and no clue what was in. So you were like a fresh canvas for me. Art has always been my thing." he said staring at me for a while. I looked at him too, wondering what he was thinking.

"And you kind of...you fit into my life at this point and time. Because I get to shape you into what I always thought the perfect woman should be like. You know? That's why I yell at you and try to get you to yell back." he said. He put his arms on my knee as he talked to me.