Chapter 19: Intertwined

[Still in Kash's POV]

"You came her to avenge your father?" he asked me as he cleared his throat of mucus and spat boldly on the ground.

"No," I answered, breathing heavily with my hands on my knees. Blood still dripped from my mouth and my body was banged up pretty badly. I felt so weak because that last fight left me nearly helpless. My heart was racing a mile a minute and sweat beads dripped from my forehead along with the blood and I stared at it on the ground. I started feeling dizzy and my body drifted to the side but I blinked hard and slowly sat up. "All we wanted, was to come here and talk to you and discuss some things but-" I tried to speak but I was losing my breath quickly.

"You kidnapped my friends and killed one of your hitmen and took the other."

"You see, Raoul-" he said to me as he walked closer to me and I could see him more clearly. This is the second time I've seen Diablo and he hasn't changed at all.

A now 61 year old man who's barely 5 feet tall and built kind of wide. His eyes are almond shaped and open slightly, but wide enough for him to see. He wears thick framed glasses, the color of wine and a hearing aid on his left ear. His hair is white, lily white and pulled back into a low ponytail and his moustache curls up to the ends over his thin lips. A man of Mexican and Asian heritage. The brain and the strategy. Enough balls to piss on a cop car with the cop in it and set it on fire. Things he did when he was only 7. How Inkow this? This is what he told me, Castillo and Elliot when we first started working with him and after that meeting, this is the second time I've seen him and it's been years.

He looked at the watch on his wrist and slightly raised his golden cane as he did. I looked at his white suit that stood out on the blue room and he stared back up at me and continued speaking.

"-you are your father's son." he told me.

"No shit_." I mumbled and closed my mouth. No one is to speak back to him but something in me was coming out and I can't help it.

"Same attitude. Same face. Same intentions." he shook his head as he began pacing around me.

"I'm not like him. I do things on my own and I intend on getting part of my team back, I'm not leaving here without them." I told him boldly and he stopped behind me.

"Ah, but you are. He stood right here, at 30 years old. Looked just like you except he had more facial hair and was more reckless and he cursed like a sailor." Diablo said to me, talking to me like he was just any pther person. "And he had on that same suit-" he walked back to face me and smelled my dad's blazer.

"He had a terrible smoking habbit. Smoked around your sisters- one of them has asthma right?" he asked me.

My chest tightened and my face changed and I wanted to attack becasue bringing up my dad's old habbits and talking about my sisters was making me uneasy. "The oldest one." he said to me.

"How's you mother?" he asked me "She was a beauty back in her day. Your father never allowed me to see her, of course I seen her. I seen her a couple of times." he smiled all of a sudden.

"You never met my mother." I told him as I balled my fists up.

Diablo started walking around me again, "It's amazing what a woman would do to protect her children." he chuckled, a loud chuckled that filled the room.

I shuddered, "What are you talking about?" I questioned him as I stuffed my hands down in my pockets.

"You betrayed your mother Raoul, or Kash as you have people call you. Kash, speaking of it, where is it?' he asked me.

"We'll have your money." I told him with clenched teeth.

"That's what they all say. But I've been seeing you walking around with that girl and spending my money on her. That girl you're with, Cameron. She's nice." he told me.

"You slept with her?" I turned around to meet him and yelled at him. I leaned down to meet him with my face twisted up and my fists out of my pocket and balled up once again.

Diablo covered my right first with his hand and pushed it down, "This girl....she means something to you?" he asked me.

I looked down at the ground. What am I supposed to tell him? That I feel bad for uprooting her from her life when things were going good for her. Or that I don't want to have anything to do with her? I feel both of those things but putting it into words will take me all day.

"You were talking about my mother before-" I began.

"I asked you about the girl." he said to me.

"My mother comes first."

"Cameron is your lover." he smiled.

"She's my property, my mother is everything to me."

"You betrayed your mother."

We began circling each other and I was no longer afraid of him, "I never betrayed her."

"You lied to her face."

"I protected her."

"I loved every moment." he said all of a sudden and I stopped talking and stopped, not able to utter a word. He chuckled, "I'm guessing I won. Would you like to hear a story?" he asked me.

My jaw tightened and I kept quiet, "Come on." he nodded over to the door that I entered from a while ago. I followed him out and walked behind him.

"Where did those girls go?" I asked him.

"They went out the other way." he said to me as we entered the room where the large guy that fought me laid on the floor, bleeding from the head.

"How did you build this- this underground thing?" I didn't know how to put into words.

"I didn't build it. This place is old, used to house people who goto ver here illegally. My grandfather being one of those people." he told me.

We entered the next room and he stared at the unconcious twin and the dead twin. "Excellent. Leaving one brother to grieve the lost of his other half. Nearly as heartless as your father was." he cguckled as he moved on and wlaked up the few stairs to the room I entered first.

When he opened the door to head to the stairwell, he looked at the dead dingy looking man on the floor and Amber's body.

"Ha, she needed money for her college tuition. Looks as if the money is off no use to her." Diablo joked as I kicked her body to the side so I can walk up the stairs.

"I don't suppose you have a clean up crew." he looked at me with a smile, talking to me as if we were close friends. This is my boss and I will never be close with him.

"No." I answered quickly.

"Don't worry about your friends, they're in good hands. Especially that girl. She mentioned you." he told me as we finally made it up to the main floor where the bar was. I looked out of the front window at how dark it was outside, somewhere around eight. Diablo led me to the side entrance and three men who were at the bar followed behind us. Two of them handcuffed me and held me back as they opened the side door and a black old van was waiting there. They pushed me into the back and after they all got in, inclusing Diablo, they slammed the door and took off.

I want to ask what Cammie siad about me but I don't know if I care.

"Kash did this to me, I never would have been going through this if it wasn't fo him." Diablo said all of a sudden. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "That's what she told me. That it was all your fault and she's glad that you died."

My eyes hit the floor of the van and Diablo laughed again which was irritating me. "How is it that you're dead. I'm sure I'm not dealing with a ghost." he mocked as he slapped my face a few times.

"I don't know." I sunk my head low and looked at the rest of the men in the van.

"Severe burns, two bullet wounds and here you are fresh as day. Just like your father-" he began.

"Stop comparing me to him." I yelled at him and no longer cared who I was talking to, "I'm my own person! I'm not my dad nor do I give a fuck_ about all that he did! Stop comparing me to him and trying to figure me out! No matter how much fucking_ information you pull up on me! You still won't know a single shit_ about me! Lying ass_ motherfucka_!" I screeched and got in his face as he sat across from me.

"You hear me? I don't give a fuck_ what you do to me! At the end of the day, I'm not my dad!"

"You're not, you gave up a lot quicker than he did."

"I'm not giving up! I'm letting you know that you are no match for me because you can't take me yourself!" I yelled and the guys grabbed my arm.

"Oh. Fighting a man in his old age?" he asked as he made a face "You certainly have morals."

"I should spit on you." I clenched my teeth. "You're a sick man. Taking away the innocence of young girls as early as 13. You have no morals." I mocked him.

"Let him go." he told the guys and they let go of my arms. "You don't want me to have that girl? You want her for yourself?" he asked me, studying me for a long time as if he was trying to read me.

"No one ever takes anything from me without a fight and you can't take her-" I began.

"Why?" he asked me, anxious for an answer as to why Cammie wan't his to take.

"Because I fucking_ say so and I run shit_." I told him, overflowing with confidence.

"You do? And you run shit_ while sitting in my van, handcuffed.

"Exactly." I cut my eyes at him, looking at every inch of his wrinkled face "Because you didn't do it yourself." my voice lowered.

The van stopped after a while and the men opened the door and forced me out of the van and took the cuffs off. I stumbled onto the pavement and then looked at the house before me. It was white with large glass windows where you can easily see inside of it. The front was decorated with water fountains and statues and a red sports car in the front. It stood out from the darkness of the sky and was a pretty breath taking sight.

Diablo opened the front door and one man uncuffed me and pushed me inside, closing the door behind us, making the door slam with a loud thud.

"Welcome to my utpoia!" Diablo exclaimed and spread his arms out. I looked at the plush brown rug under my feet and the dark wooden floors. The walls were a sage green color in the entrance and on both the left and the right were staircases, dressed in a dark wood and a tan mat for each step. Straight across was a little hallway and I could see a dining room. On the left was a door leading to the kitchen and on the right was a living room area.

My eyes darted everywhere, almost no sign of Castillo, Cam or Veronica. Not even Leandro. He's probably long gone.

"It's 9, I don't usually eat dinner this late but you're welcomed to have a meal with me." Diablo invited me and I stared at this man with every twisted expression I could possibly display on my face.

"I came here for one reason only, to get my-" I began.

"Yes, yes, yes Hero. To get your friends and leave. But you're a gues...in my house...where I run shit_." he copied me. "Have dinner, so we can discuss." he smirked at me and wandered off to a wall where there was an intercom.

"Eva and Ruby, I need you in the main entrance now." he spoke into the intercom and walkd back towards me. "You can take a look around." he nodded.

Without hesitation, I walked straight down the hall into the dining room. I looked at the vast table that was made from the same wood as the floors and the creme wall color that matched the whole tone of the house. I stared out of one of the three large windows into the darkness where I saw a courtyard. There was another house to the back, behind the pool. It was a one level long house and I saw two girls coming from it. They were dressed in some form of a house keeper uniform but made more modern and revealing.

The top is what would be considered to be a fitted crop top that is black with a white collar. The bottom piece is ablack skirt with a white lace trim. The stockings the girls wore are white and the heels are tall, black, and shiny. Both of them had their hair down and walked almost at the same pace. They opened the door of the dining room and stared at me, standing next to each other with their hands to their sides.

The tallest one had nice legs, a caramel skinned girl with red pouty lips and hazel eyes. Her hair is long and golden and stopped at her breasts that were full and firm. Her hips curved out in her skirt and she looked me over mulitple times. The other one was a very pale girl with jet black hair. She was on the skinny side but it worked for her. I could see the tattoos on her arms and the piercing she had on her nose gave her an edge. What is she doing here?

"Black hair is Eva and the brown hair is Ruby." Diablo told me and I didn't even know he was in here.

I spun around and looked at him, "What do they do?" I asked him.

"Anything you want them to do." he chuckled as he walked over to Ruby and traced his hand over her breasts and I could tell how that was making her feel but she kept her head up as well as her eyes. "They're like extras in a movie." he told me as he fiddled with Eva's skirt.

"Sex slaves?" I asked him as I looked at the two girl and imagined Diablo's old ass_ taking advantage of them.

"No. Never." he said.

"I heard stories about you. All of the girls you took from their families because they told you that they didn't belong and they didn't feel loved. And you bring them here and make them your slaves. Cooking, cleaning and having sex with you for money. But money can't be used to help them get over that. Not even therapy." I squinted at him.

"Well aren't you the feminist." he chuckled. "Show Raoul to the guest room." he instructed them and they walked before me and I followed, not taking my eyes off of Diablo until he was out of my sight.

I headed up the right staircase with them. Even in a situation like this, I looked at Ruby's full figure from behind and stared at how dark Eva's hair was compared to her white skin. They continued down a hallway and opened a door to a room. It has a sunroof and kind sized bed with rich brown sheets. The room was Earth toned and looked relaxing but I have to remember who's house I'm in.

Eva removed my blazer and I slipped off my shoes. Eva rested the blazer on a bed in the room and then moved my shoes by the window. She stood in front of me and unbuttoned my shirt for me and pulled it off of me, putting it on the chair also. i heard Ruby's heels clicking and atched her walk out of the room. I took my pants off and she picked up everything from the couch and started leaving the room, just me in my underwear, "These will be ready for you in the morning," he high pitched voice came. It didn't match her appearance but I nodded and sat to the end of the bed in my boxers.

Soon the door opened again and Ruby came in with a wash cloth, a bar of soap and velvet clothing. She put the clothes on the bed and touched my back and guided me to the bathroom. I looked at the step in shower with gets coming from the walls and even the glass.

"Remove your underwear, please." she told me. I stared at her for a while and then removed them but she stared at me blankly.

"Step inside please." she said as she slid the glass door open. I stepped inside and she turned the powerful water on. She passed me the soap and the wash cloth and I begin to clean myself off. From time to time, I watched her and she was just standing there. She knocked the glass and I turned the water off and she slid the door. She pulled a shampoo bottle out and lathered my hair up. I haven't gotten a hair cut in a while to it's a short wavy, thick fro. A hairstyle my dad had.

"Do you want your hair cut?" she asked me.

"No." I said.

"How long do you intend to stay here?" she asked me.

"Not long." I said. I was about to ask her something but she turned the water on and stepped out, leaving me to wash the soap out of my hair. Afterwards she passed me my towel and I wrapped it around my lower half. She led me back to the room and took another towel and dried my hair. She passed me black boxer shorts that were a little too small and then along dark red velvet textured robe and drawstring velevet pants to match. She sprayed me down in a powdery scent and then started fixing the collar of my robe.

"Is that your friend?" she asked me all of a sudden.

"Who?"

"That guy with the curly black hair that's shaved at the sides and the blond patch. He looks mean?" she asked me.

Castillo.

"Yes. He's here?" I asked her.

She nodded, "Diablo brought him here and a few other people. The two girls have been working with us but the other two guys, I don't know what will happen to them." she whispered.

Before I could speak she started talking again, "Everything in here is recorder and controlled. Don't make any slick movements and don't be sneaky. If you hear a chirp noise, it's not that he forgot the put the batteries in the fire alarm. Stay alert. This place is crawling with guards, it's not just him and us girls." she told me in a whisper.

"How? I don't see anyone here?" I asked her lowly as she straightened out the robe.

She paused for a while and resumed speaking, "They're in the walls...the floors....they're all watching and listening." Ruby stomped on the floor an a hollow sound resulted. "You hear that? It's hollow. This house...it appears to be a utopia but it's a prison. Your friends may never leave here unless you give him something in return."

I blinked hard and sighed, "What do you guys do here?" I asked her.

"Whatever he asks." she told me. She looked directly at me and I started feeling sorry for this girl, so beautiful and she's here getting mistreated. Ruby moved away from me walked over to my be. She touched it and sighed, "We sleep on bricks." she told me. "he likes seeing us suffer. So when we get to work , we'll suffer more and feel a lot of pain when he uses us." he told me.

"Do you want to sleep here tonight?" I asked her. Ruby shot her head towards me and started heading out of the room.

"Meet him downstairs please, sir." she hurried out and closed doors.

When she did, I looked around the room at all of the walls, I wonder if someone is looking at me right now. After a while of standing around aimlessly, I headed downstairs to the dining room and saw more girls cleaning and doing little household chores he makes them do.

Diablo and I were the only ones eating in the dining room and when the girls served us, I watched him eat first and then I ate. I didn't drink the wine because for some reason I don't trust it. He went the whole time without saying anything to me about what I wanted to know. he just had simple conversations with me and at around 10:45 we were done eating.

I hated how he acted like I wasn't here for a reason, just his company and I wanted to know why I wasn't dead yet.

After the girls cleared the table, I was pretty much in a staring competition with him. He wouldn't back down and he kept a smirk on his face, something that I used to do to remind people that they don't scare me.

"Where's Ruby?" I asked him.

Diablo raised an eyebrow and chuckled, "Weren't you looking for Cameron?" he asked me.

"Now I'm asking for Ruby." I narrowed my eyes.

"Are you planning on keeping her for the night?' he questioned me. I nodded, not really wanting to do anything with her but I needed to talk to her.

"I'll call her." he told me as he got up "You can go upstairs." he told me. As i headed upstairs, I didn't keep my eyes off of him, not wanting to be attacked by surprise. I went back to the room and closed the door, peeling the robe off and tossing it on the chair.

Soon there was a faint knocking at my door and when I opened it, Ruby was there with her head lowered and a black silk robe on.

"Diablo told me that you were in need of my services." she murmured. I looked at her and pulled her inside of the room.

Ruby immediately pulled her robe off and allowed it to drop to the ground and no matter how much I loved seeing her nakedness, I didn't allow her to come near me.

"Uhm...what are you doing?" I asked her.

"Isn't this what you requested me for?' she asked as she came near me and pushed me back on the bed. Even though she was moving fast and pulling at my pants, she looked stressed and moments away from crying.

"No." I pushed her back. This is probably the first time I refused sex from a gorgeous girl. I got up from the bed and picked up her black robe and wrapped it around her and held her. "You said that you don't sleep well." I told her.

I felt Ruby's hot tears on my shoulders and pulled her up and pulled the covers. We both went under the covers and I held her body closer so that we won't have to talk as loud.

"Tell me all that you know." I demanded.

"Your friend with the curly hair, they brought him in first and he was bleeding really badly. All of his clothes were stained with blood and as they dragged him inside, they started beating him." she told me.

"Where is he?" I asked her.

"Closer than you might think. Somewhere under the floor boards."

"He's dead?" I asked her.

'No, but they might kill him because he's not talking."

"What about the girls. The one with the short hair." I asked her referring to Veronica.

"Diablo keeps her in his room and she' not allowed to leave and that other one. I barely see her. Rarely so I see her and when I do, she's in a rush. But she's different." she told me.

"I know she is." I sighed.

"No. She's not mad, she's comfortable." Ruby told me as she looked at me, "Does she mean anything to you?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Well if you're the guy I heard her talking about, she hates you." Ruby sighed and played with my chin.

"Why don't you see her that often? Doesn't she sleep in the back house with you guys?" I asked her.

"No. She's a guard."

'A guard? Her skinny ass_ is a guard?" I almost wanted to laugh.

"I think he was waiting for you. And he knows something about you too. She's good...whoever she was before. She's tough. Maybe Diablo thinks that she can break you or something." she shrugged.

"This is some bull." I hissed. I looked down at Ruby and saw that her robe was still undone and looked at her curvy body and saliva was dripping from my mouth I was hungry almost, like I wanted her so bad. I can't help it. I tried to bite down on my bottom lip to hold my urges back but it didn't work. My stomach was churning and my insides were building up and about to explode with lustful thinking.

I rolled over on top of Ruby and she gasped, "I thought you weren't-" she began but I over powered her with a kiss on the mouth. I slipped my hand behind her back and pulled her body upwards to me and stared at her.

"I can't help myself." I continued kissing down her neck as her head cocked back and she winced. I have a serious problem and it's because God made women so damn_ irresistible and men so thirsty.
-

When I woke up, Ruby was gone and another girl was bringing in my father's suit that I had on. "What time is it?" I asked her.

"It's 8 in the morning." she said. She put some things in the room for me to freshen up and after I did, I headed downstairs and came face to face with Diablo at the bottom steps. Next to him was someone with a skinny figure and long black hair that reached way past her shoulders. She had on the house keeper uniform and the height the heels gave her made her legs look even better. She was holding a silver tray in her hands with fresh blueberry muffins on it and as I got to the bottom of the steps she extended it towards me.

Bowing her head to stare at her feet she asked, "Good morning, sir. Would you like a muffin?" her voice came off like she was laughing. I stood there and gulped and my nostrils flared and I took a muffin from the tray. She slowly rose her head up with a smirk on her face and held the tray to her chest again.

"Do you like it? Does it taste good?" she asked me two questions at once. As I bit into the muffins, I shivered with memories that zipped past me and felt like shit_.

"I was told that there is a very special house guest here who loves baked good, so I decided to make some in honor of them? Did you enjoy it?" she pressed.

I put the bitten muffin back on the tray and looked at Diablo, "isn't she wonderful?" he asked me.

"Delightful." I responded sarcastically.

"Cameron here catches on fast. Not useless like you deemed her." Diablo old me as he pulled Cammie by her waist.

"I never told you that you were useless." I looked at Cammie for some sort of emotion but it wasn't there.

"Let's go." Diablo told me and walked into the living room area with Cammie trailing along behind him as I stood there. The way Cammie switched from side to side, walking swiftly and making her heels clack loudly was done purposely. She turned around smiled at me and I caught up to them as he entered the living room and grabbed his cane and circled around the chair and went back to the main entrance.

"I'm not someone who is connected to nature much, so when I take walks I go up and down the steps." he told me. That did sound a little weird but he started heading up the right stair case and I walked next to him at the same slow pace. Cammie's heels clicked behind us as she jogged up the stairs, holding the tray out. I want to smack her so hard right now, she better be playing around.

"I've had my eyes on your family for a long time." Diablo told me as he dragged out some of his words, pausing as if he was thinking back to a time long ago.

"You knew my father for a long time?' I asked him.

"I knew your mother before I knew your father." he said simply. I swallowed and prepared to hear this story.

"When I was new to this-" he paused and walked across the landing to the left stair case and began walking down them with me and Cammie still following us. We ended up repeating this for the whole time he talked. "I visisted the Dominican Republic, just for a little relaxation and I met this woman there. She was younger than me of course. Nearly ten years younger."

"She worked at a fish market and every time I tried to talk to her, she told me that I was too old and she was married."

"My mother worked at a fish market." I cut my eyes at him.

"Exactly so. And after persisting her, she brought her husband to work one day and pointed me out." he took a pause "Your father tried to fight me but even when I was at the level I was at, I had guards and we took him. No matter how bad they beat your father, he kept lunging at them and it was making me tired, even though all I did was sit back and watch."

"That's when I became interested in how he fought. He would never swing first, he would-" Diablo began to say but I cut him off as I remember what my father told me.

"Allow your opponent to swing first. People always put the most force into the first hit, from then determine their strength and figure out how hard you need to hit them for them to fall." I recited, feeling my father speak through me.

"He taught you everything that you know?" he asked me.

"No." I said and watched as Diablo took another muffin from Cammie and ate it as he continnued the story.

"I watched him take down all of my guards and basically started getting him to run errand for me. First mission, go to one of my usual customers and sell him the marijuanna for 3 grand and return within 2 days. Of course it was a set up. The usual customer was my trainer for anyone that I wanted to become apart of my....team." he grinned.

"And your father wasn't stupid. Didn't have a high school diploma, but he wasn't stupid at all. He knew it was a set up. Him and his friends smoke the whole bag within those two bags and when he came to meet me, he gave me the empty bag and told me that he was bored."

"Once I realized who I was dealing with, I had him running the whole town. Executing who I needed him to and taking care of business when I said so. Every once in a while, he would fly over here and help me organize a plan. Way after you and your sisters were born that is."

"So what about my mother? What were you talking about earlier?" I questioned.

"Age means nothing to me. Maturity is more important, no?" he asked me.

"Age is always a factor." I argued.

"Do you want to stray away from the story or hear what I have to say?" he asked me but resumed talking right away "You eldest sister, Juliana." an evil smile spread across his face. "I wanted her, I wanted all of your sisters but what a women would do for her children is amazing to me."

"I heard you father talk about you all the time, Raoul. How you used to misbehave and took after him so much. I couldn't wait for you to start working for me. But your mother is one strong woman..." he trailed off.

"Continue." I said as we started heading up the right stair case for the 7th time.

"She wouldn't let me have her daughers and she wouldn't let me have you. She was happy to wear all of the things your father bought her with the money he made from helping me but disagreed with how he got it. She sold her soul to me. Promising to be my slave as lopng as it meant that you would stay put of trouble and you promised her that you would. But you lied to your mother's face after your father moved your family to America. You were always hanging out with the wrong crowd and started smoking and drinking young. And while she thought that sleeping me behind your father's back was protecting you, it wasn't."

My footsteps slowed down and Diablo continued walking but stopped short and turned slowly to face me. "My mother isn't like that. She wouldn't do that!" I shouted at him with my teeth gritted and my arms shaking.

"She is Raoul. If only you would have stayed out of trouble. She wouldn't have been considered a bad wife and your father never would have died." he told me.

"My father died because you set him up!" I fumed.

"Really? Your father was a smart man. He knew what he was getting himself into. He wanted to die. TO get away from his disgusting wife, pesty daughters and a son that would turn out to be just like him!" he shouted at me and his voice was thrown all around the house before it came back and hit me.

"He was weak Raoul! And you're weak! Just like him! And you'll die the same way he did because the both of you can't accept the fact that there is no beating me!"

I lunged forwards and grabbed his tie and suddenly heard a chirping noise. I looked all around and tried to gather my thoughts. Ruby told me about a chirping noise. I let go of his tie but felt someone kness jab me in the back and in seconds I was on the ground with my hands behind my back. I heard Cammie scream and looked over to her being dragged away.

"Cammie!" I shouted as I tried to get up one of the guys that was holding me down kicked my stomach and another took two fingers and held it against my neck. My lips started drooping slowly and then I...
-

I woke up on a cold cement ground that was dusty and smelled muddy. I sat up slowly with my body aching and looked around me, struggling to see. it was so dark and freezing cold. I realized that I was in some sort of a cell, that was chained heavily. The smell was damp in the air and it felt like we were way under level. I heard a steady weeping and looked to the corner of the cell. I saw someone's body curled up and they were shivering wildly.

I tried to crawl over but I was so weak and I can't remember why or where I was. What happened to me before.

"Cam?" I called out to her and she responded by crying harder and moving away as I neared her body.

"Don't touch me." she shivered and pushed me away.

"Baby come here." I pulled her leg and dragged her onto my lap. She cried and tried to fight her way off of me but no matter how much pain I was in, I kept holding onto her and I kissed each one of her finger tips that were so cold. Her hair was desheveled and her skin felt dry.

I held Cammie on my lap and kissed her head. "Calm down. Stop crying." I told her.

"I can't." she shook her head. 'Why did this happen?"

"I don't know." I said suddenly remembering how Cammie was acting towards me when I first saw her again.

"Why were you acting like that, huh? You probably set all this shit_ up." I became mad.

"Kash, I didn't. I was just mad at you. I wanted to make you feel bad." she cried.

"Don't you know what situation we're in and you want revenge on me? I came here to get you." I told her.

"I thought you died and you just left me to die too." she craddled her head on my neck.

"I told you before. I wouldn't just leave you like that." I remembered what Ipromised to her.

"I just want things to be better. I don't want to die right now in here. I want to go home." she cried and grabbed my shirt. I was furious because she started this shit_ again about going home.

"You know your parents don't give a damn_ about you and that fucking_ cat is gone!" I yelled and I probably shouldn't have,

"No-" she began as she felt for my face "I meant with you Kash. I'm sorry, I just want to go home." The fact that Cam thought living with me was her home and she wanted to be with me no matter what made me feel warm despite the fact that in here felt like I was in a snow storm. This girl hates me so much and I put her through a lot and took her from her home and abused her and used her and she wants to come back? That's stupid but I won't tell her how stupid I think she is. I want to keep her close to me as long as I can before they rip us apart and separate us into different rooms and kill us. I don't love Cam, neither do I like her but she understands me. Enough not to just abandon me.

"Things will be different right?" she asked me "You won't hurt me anymore, you promise, right Kash?" she asked me.

"Cam, we're not going to escape this. You know we're both going to die in here right? I told you that before. There is no negotiating." I told him.

"Get that through your big ass_ head." I shouted at her and I grabbed her face and put our heads together "They're going to take you first and gut your insides in front of me and wait for me to cry and I won't. And then they'll kill Castillo in front of me and then kill Veronica and afterwards kill me in the worst way possible." I told her, feeling what was going to happen, like my dad was telling me,

"No, please." she begged as she held onto me.

"I can't stop that...." I told her as I tried to meet her face in the darkness but she started gliding her fingers over my lips "I can't help you anymore Cam." I shook my head.

Cammie leaned upwards and kissed me on the lips, the weird way she does with her lips pursed outwards and almost forecefull and I kissed her back.

"Promise me something." I started telling her "If we do make it out of this, I need a favor from you and it's a lot. But if he doesn't kill me know, he'll get me later and I don't want to wait this long. I'll leave you all the money I can, I'll get someone to take care of you. Just-" I was about to ask her for something that I was afraid of all of my life.

I heard loud coughing and spitting and metal doors flung open.

"What?" she asked me.

"Shh..." I trailed off.

_Once again, these characters are face to face with death. But I didn't want to make Diablo look as anyone might have expected. He's old as hell, well not really. He looks like an innocent Asian and Mexican grandpa. So you found out how Kash sort of betrayed his mother. But Kash went off on Diablo in the van, thinks Diablo really has no power. That pretty house maid told Kash all he needed to know but Kash cannot fight temptation and had to get some of that before he left._

_Wasn't weird how Cammie was acting when she saw Kash, offering him muffins like she didn't know him. But what Diablo said about Kash' family, it really got a reaction from him. But what the hell did Kash's dad do to him? And as soon as he pulled Diablo that chirp noise went off that Ruby warned him about and soon guys were taking them away. When he was in the cell with Cam, he was comforting her even though he was pretty mad. But what was the favor? And if you know, you won't get it completely right._

_ILY! ILY!_

Next chapter on FRIDAY at . The book is updated every other day at 8.

SORRY I MEAN FRIDAY NEW CHAPTER!