Chapter 74: Superman

|NOT IN CAMMIE'S POV|

As Cammie eased her way into the tub, she took the headband that was holding her hair back and tossed to the side of the tub where the rest of her clothes were. She usually doesn't toss her clothes on the floor so carelessly but it was a stressful day at work and a stressful beginning of the week, period. The warm water made her feel the love and care she needed but couldn't get right now. 

It has been 3 days since the whole scene at the hotel, making it a Tuesday. Cammie and Kash's relationship has been very awkward. After Kash woke up and gathered what just happened, Cammie acted like it never bothered her and she had no idea what was going on. She pretended like everything was perfectly fine when she was rotting inside. Kash could barely look her in the eye but they were trying to make it work for Riley's sake because she catches on fast when things aren't right.

Cammie understood perfectly what she saw and she never expected it. Like was going so well with Kash and she thought that she had him for herself but that was not the case. It never has been, he just never knew about it. 

Cammie wasn't mad at him all the way but she struggled not to strangle him at night when they laid far away from each other on the bed. Every force in the world was holding Cammie back from putting the pillow over his head and watching him struggle but she couldn't kill him. 

Cammie sighed and then held her breath, putting her head under water for a couple of seconds and then coming back up, drying her face and opening her eyes. 

Kash was standing by the door with his hands in his pockets and a saddened look on his face. "I hope you weren't planning on killing yourself in here. You have work tomorrow." Kash tried to joke as he stepped inside, closing the door and leaning against it. 

Cammie half smiled and took the wash cloth, washing her arms off slowly and not looking at Kash. 

Kash didn't know how else to approach Cammie because she was the type of person with barely any physical strength but her stare was intimidating when she was upset. And he didn't want her to be upset for long, he wanted them to talk about this. 

"How was work?" he tried to make small talk with her.

"Oh you know." she shrugged, "Same ole same ole. You know the aggravation of having a government job." Cammie cut her eyes at him and he sighed. 

Kash walked to the sink and went to the cupboard underneath where he kept large vanilla candles and some matches. He took them out and lined the three alongside the bathtub and Cammie looked at him.

"Why are you taking out The Sexy Candles?" Cammie asked as she watched Kash light them. Afterwards he turned off the light and then sat on the rim of the tub near Cammie's feet. He reached into the water and stroked her legs and Cammie moved them away.

"The last thing I want is you touching me right now." she said as she cupped some water in her hands and rose it near the candles. She poured water on the first candle, "I'm not in the mood."

She poured water on the second one, "There is nothing to talk about other than the fact that you being a male prostitute landed us in this situation."