Chapter 27: Needs and Wants Pt. I

"Cammie!" Kash called out to me.

"Huh?" I called out with my voice lowered. I was lying on my stomach on top of the bed and staring down at the kitten that rolled around on his back. I used my index finger to poke its stomach and it purred lightly and I smiled. One hand was propping up my face as I stared down at the gray and white fur and the yellow eyes. 

"Cam!" Kash called again.

"Yeah-" I dragged it out as I stared at the cat and smiled as its paws seemed to be hugging my fingers. I started laughing.

Kash came into the bedroom and looked at me, "I was calling you for the longest while." Kash stood by the door. 

"Oh sorry, I was playing with Marbles." I stood up.

"Why did you name him Marbles, everyone names their cat Marbles." he complained.

"Well I wasn't going to name him Money." I rolled my eyes. I tossed my hair off of my shoulders and looked at Marbles. I picked him up and passed him to Kash. "Hold him."

"No, you're always shoving that cat in my face and telling me to hold it." Kash huffed.

"Alright, remember that when you want a son. These legs remained glued shut." I reminded him.

"Give me that damned_ cat." he gave in and I carefully placed Marbles in his hands. 

"Isn't he fluffy?" I asked and hugged myself. "He reminds me of Cocoa when I first got him. So cute and soft." I couldn't help but get excited. We had Marbles for 2 days now and I was with him every minute. We bought him food and other things that he needed and stationed it in the living room. 

"Nice." Kash said as he passed me Marbles. 'Don't sit here and play with him all day." he warned me.

I groaned, "I can't imagine you with a baby. It would die of nelect if something were to happen to me." I told Kash.

"This is a cat Cam, not a baby. That's different." he tried to explain to me.

"It's really not if you ask me, they both need someone to love them and hold them and take care of them." I smiled at Marbles.

"Yeah because you got that when you were a child." he said sarcastically.

"I thought you didn't like sarcasm." I raised an eyebrow.

"I guess you're just rubbing off on me." he shrugged.

"Aha, you're getting smarter, it was about time." I moved past him and into the living room where I put Marbles on the little cushion and stood up to face Kash. He was dressed in black pants and a black shirt and had a serious expression on his face. 'Where are you going?" I asked him.

"That's what I was trying to tell you." he said to me "I'm coming back tonight, we have to turn the money over to Leandro." he told me.