Chapter 63: Explosion

I stirred the iced tea with the thick red straw and watched the ice spin around quicker and quicker as I twirled my hand around. I sipped from the straw and tasted the bitterness on my tongue. I picked up the sugar packets and added three more. I ripped open one and then added the whole thing, ripped open the second and while I was ripping open the third, I felt someone grab my hand from behind. I looked at the olive colored skin and the few tattoos on his forearm. 

I turned around and saw Blaze smiling me and I dropped the packet and he released my hand. "I don't know a lot about how to maintain health while pregnant but I know that three packets of sugar in already sweetened tea is more than enough." he told me as he sat across from me. 

I was on my lunch break from working at the summer program and called Blaze and told him to meet me at this cafe so that we could talk. We were seated outside, where it wasn't as hot as it was when I first left the house. The weather was comfortable..

"You were watching me that whole time?" I asked him as he got situated on the chair. 

"I actually was." he told me as he gave me a simple smile, "Now what did you want to talk about?" he asked me as he removed his hat and placed it on the table.

"I just wanted to know how you were doing. I never spoke to you in a while." I told him as I drank from the tea that was a little better than before.

"How I'm doing? That's all you want to know, you care that much?" he asked me.

"Of course not, there is more but I do want to know how you are doing." I told him and I sat back and placed my hands over my stomach.

Blaze looked at me and then laughed, "He really did fuck_ you up." he told me, "How do you even walk?"

"Inappropriate." I told him, "Your health." I reminded him of what I wanted to talk about.

"I mean," Blaze sat back, "Things are all good. The only thing I do is smoke cigarettes, I haven't done a line in a minute." he thought back. 

"That's good. Just keep it that way." I told him and nodded. "I just don't want anything bad to happen to you, you know?" I asked him.

"I see." he told me, "I know you just want me to be a messenger for my brother." he said.

"Not really but I do want to know how he is. We haven't talked in so long and it is a stupid reason why...is he still mad at me? Like does he talk about me at all?" I asked Blaze.

"Oh yeah." he nodded, "He's pissed_ at you. He says your head is so far up your ass_ you can taste the rainbow. I don't know, some dumb shit_ like that. But he said uh, what did he tell me this morning?" he thought, "He said fuck_ you and everything about you but he doesn't mean that. He's just saying stuff because he's mad."

I huffed and rubbed my face, "Can you talk to him for me?" I asked him.

"Why?" he asked me. 

"Because I don't want us to not be friends." I tried to get him to understand.