Chapter 61 part-two

Not Edited

Omeed stood in her courtyard as she watches the dapple sunlight dancing on the surface of her fish pond. She had just gotten news of the court proceedings moments ago. 'She lasted shorter than I'd expected her to'. Omeed snorts thinking to herself. "Too bad I didn't take delight in watching her fall from grace." She says to her confidante.

"I heard she threw a fit." He says with a dry chuckle. "She had been pathetically ill-equipped to tackle the situation." He grins. "But don't worry your highness, you will get to watch her impending death." He grits out. "She will pay for all she's done to you." His words held a lot of promise. "And the ministers won't be escaping either." He finishes.

"Thank you Emad(confidence). You have been of great help to me and my children." Omeed smiles gratefully placing her hand on his shoulder. "I don't know how I would have managed without your support through the years." She was genuinely grateful. Emad just nods his head.

Like his name Emad was a confident young man of only twenty six years old. He had first approached Omeed when she left the Isfahan palace. It was a friendship built on trust and understanding as he assured her he would stop at nothing until she stands in her rightful place as queen of Persia.

Over the years Omeed got to understand that Emad's clan had been wiped off by a group of corrupt ministers when he was merely ten years old. Hence he was stripped of his status as a noble to that of a slave. This same ministers had been the ones who most likely killed the late king. With ex prime minister Ali as their leader.

Careful planning and hard-work has gone into their mission. Luckily for Omeed, she still had in her possession detailed report her father had documented and buried away. She was thankful she never handed them over to Hafez during her time as queen.

All she had to do was inform these ministers that she knew of their dealings and wouldn't hesitate to make it known if Asal wasn't dethroned immediately. But Omeed has no intention of letting them get off scot-free. "We will continue from here once we have access to Ali during the tribunal." He growls Ali's name with indiscreet hatred.

"I see even now he still irks you." Omeed teases with a chuckle throwing Emad a wry smile afterwards. Both their fathers had been good friends so it came as no surprise they understood one another immensely. If fate had not decided their path, they were certain they would have fallen in love with one another.

"I already have the servants packing your essentials since we don't know when his majesty would summon you back to his harem." He says seriously. "She'll falter in her frantic desperation to survive." He says, referring to Asal once again. "We have to keep a closer eye on her and her minions."

"Go ahead Emad, do whatever needs to be done. His majesty should be arriving shortly to play with the boys." She smiles subtly as the thought of Hafez's arrival gets her pulse racing real hard.

Amir watched Hafez and Omeed as they throw silken strands of longing glances towards each other as they play with their children in the courtyard. The sun had already set and it was near time for them to return to the palace.

"Royal father, when can we move into the palace?" Arsham ask in desperation as he unconsciously moves closer to Hafez. He has taken to Hafez like 'moth to a flame' and have no intention of staying away for too long.

"As soon as your mother's palace is ready and both your palaces as well." He informs Arsham with a smile.

"We won't be staying in royal mother's palace?" Nouri ask aghast at the idea of being away from Omeed.

"No you won't. Once a prince turns three, they have to move out of their mother's pavilion and live in a separate one." Prince Nouri stares in horror as Hafez explains. "It's the law that governs the palace."