Chapter 18

Not Edited

A blush found it's way onto Farzan's cheeks creeping down his neck as he listened to Omeed relate to Feriha what they had discussed before her unexpected arrival. Feriha had not seemed interested in the slightest. She was rather indifferent, much to Farzan's dismay.

The young lord thought of a different tactic as his heart twinge with controlled jealousy. Given, Omeed had stated she had no intention towards Feriha, but Farzan could clearly see they held each other in high esteem.

"My lady, Farzan's father is the prime minister of Persia." Omeed suddenly announced, jolting Farzan out of his reverie as his eyes shone with pride.

Feriha immediately understood why Omeed had let him tag along. She had been curious seeing them sat closely together but thought Farzan was just another merchant Omeed had to deal with.

Several curious glares and stares were sent their way as murmurs were heard. "And he's here to trade." Finished Omeed who knew people had heard her, like she had wanted.

Deciding to play along, Feriha acted interested even though she wasn't. "Impressive lord Farzan, men of your status are usually seen spending fortunes not making them." Feriha teased, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"So are you here to buy or sell my lord?" Feriha asked as she turned slightly towards Farzan whom she had her back to before now.

"My lady, I arrived here a few days ago with the intention of buying some silk and jewels. But right now I am trying to convince lord Ahmed to allow me join him on his trip." Farzan said throwing Omeed a quick glare before he turned his attention back to Feriha.

"And he rejected your offer." Although her statement sounded like a question.

"Yes, lord Ahmed had turned it down. How did you know of he refused?" Farzan asked Feriha, he was surprised Feriha already knew Omeed's response.

"You could probably say I know him too well, or your murderous glare towards him gave it away." Her eyes held Farzan captive as she spoke seductively. Every ounce of jealousy Farzan held dissolved into thin air.

"I-I s-suppose you are just friends my lady?" Farzan once again enquired with a stutter as he gripped his robe tightly to prevent himself from touching Feriha. Knowing touching her right now would ruin every little chance he had of wooing her.

Not answering Farzan's question, Feriha spoke to Omeed. "My lord, it is time for my final performance." She held Omeed's gaze as they silently spoke to one another. All the Feriha did was smile and rose to her feet.

"I hope you all brought your coffers along with you tonight." Everyone laughed as Feriha joked then she quickly excused herself to dress up.

"If I had known, I would have brought more than I did." Grumbled Farzan as Omeed's servant arrived with a box full of gold. All Omeed wanted was for Feriha to bow out with a bang and it was her duty to see it through.

Eyes went wide, as Farzan's almost popped out in awe. Not one to be outdone, Farzan quietly asked Omeed to lend him the mini box full of gold. "I will return it all with interest by noon tomorrow." Farzan pleaded.

With a casual shrug of his shoulder, Omeed passed the box to Farzan who smiled broadly. "I want it all by noon at the latest." Omeed said getting out her flute. She was going to accompany Feriha with her flute as she danced to the final songs.

"You play the flute?" Farzan asked Omeed with a frown etched on his forehead. "I wouldn't take you for one who plays something so Feminine." Joked Farzan as he laughed at his own joke.