Chapter 13

Not Edited

Omeed had summoned all her staff and servants the night before Atash sets off for Isfahan. All through out the day Zoya had organised a farewell banquet for Atash and the ten staff members accompanying him.

Over the weeks leading to Atash's departure, she's had to try coming to terms with his imminent absence for the next two to three years.

"Zoya, there you go again, in your own little world I presume?" Omeed's voice rang out.

With a small gasp Zoya turned to her side to find Omeed staring at her with a wide grin plastered on her face as her eyes shone with nothing short of mischief. Omeed has been endeavouring to lift Zoya's spirit which has been dingy for weeks now. She knew it was as a result of Atash having to go away.

Omeed couldn't grasp why Zoya has chose to accompany her rather than Atash. Since she already misses him significantly.

"I am sorry my lady, I just had a lot on my mind. Is there anything I could help you with?"

"No I only wanted to have a simple chat with you." Omeed said placing her arm across Zoya's slumped shoulders. "You do know it isn't too late right?" Zoya stared at Omeed for a couple of seconds, confused at her words.

"I don't quite understand what you mean." Zoya said with a sigh, still perplexed.

"You still have a choice to go with them Zoya. If you pack up your clothing now you could still join Atash tomorrow when he leaves." Omeed took in the unshed tears that visibly shone in Zoya's startling blue eyes.

"No my lady, you gave me the opportunity and choice to go with him and I chose to remain by your side. You have always had my best interest in heart and three years apart might help him become more tolerating of me." The sob she had held in all along finally gave way.

Omeed watched Zoya sob and she couldn't help but pull her into a hug, allowing her cry for as long as she wanted. She could only be a shoulder to rely on and nothing more. Omeed gently patted Zoya on the back continuously while murmuring sweet nothings to her.

"Let it out! Let it all out! That's right, you shouldn't bottle it up." Omeed finished as Zoya's body shook. The poor girl could do with a little respite. Thought Omeed as Zoya calmed a little. But chuckled as Zoya rubbed her nose sniffling loudly unable to restrain her sniffles.

"I am so sorry my lady. I..I messed up your clothes." She stuttered as she took in the sight of her snort clearly visible on Omeed's shoulder. Zoya was ashamed she had behaved in a very unladylike manner. And also the fact that she had shown Omeed her weakness hadn't helped.

"Oh Zoya my dear, what am I going to do with you?" Omeed asked exasperatedly in a teasing fashion. All Zoya could do was blush a shade of crimson red as she stared at her feet. She was too embarassed to look anywhere else as Omeed tries to make light of the situation.

"It's alright Zoya, we've all been there. And quite frankly, I am glad you trusted me enough to cry on my shoulder." Omeed proudly declared.

"Thank you Omeed, thank you so much." Zoya spoke calmly as her gaze took in Omeed's.

"No need to thank me Zoya, but if it'll make you feel any better, I'll talk to Atash before he leaves tomorrow. Perhaps tonight during our feast." At Omeed's words, Zoya gave a bright blinding smile. That's all she needed, she wanted Omeed to make Atash see reason.

"On that note, you come help me pick up an outfit since you ruin this one. Then we can join the others." Omeed spoke nonchalantly as she pulled Zoya along with her heading for her bedchamber.