Chapter 48

Not Edited

Omeed gazed outside her window with a forlorn expression. Her hands carelessly sprawled on the window sill with abandonment. She has been stood there unmoving for over an hour having asked to be left alone.

Her gaze remained fixed on nothing in particular as her stares lingers on the flowers displayed in her private garden. With it being a warm summer's morning the butterflies were out in their hundreds and the birds flutter their wings as they move from one tree to the other.

Omeed was so deep in thoughts and hadn't heard Hafez advance towards her, staring at her in awe. Hafez was enthralled by the sight before him. She was a sight to behold dressed in rich red and cream silk garments with her hair in wavy curls down her back.

Butterflies lingered on and around her hoping to suck nectar off her. Omeed smelt that good.

Clearing his throat, Hafez got her attention bringing her out of her reverie. "What has got you so deep in thoughts?" His words causing Omeed to turn towards him abruptly as the butterflies disperse outside into the garden.

"It's nothing of importance. Shouldn't you be in court?" She ask him with a gentle smile on her face.

"I had court postponed until tomorrow. Got news of an unfortunate bereavement." Hafez sighs sadly. "A minister that worked closely with my father choked on his food last night. So court was postponed in his respect."

Seeing how affected Hafez was by the hapless news, Omeed moved towards Hafez and pulled him into an embrace. "So what are your plans for the rest of the day? Zoya has left for my private residence on personal visit." Omeed complains as Hafez leaves feather like kisses on her head.

"Would you like to make a trip outside the palace with me? You haven't been out since our Nikah." Omeed looked away knowing she had been outside only the day before. She felt uncomfortable withholding secrets from Hafez.

"So, we will be traveling incognito?" She drawls out looking Hafez in the eyes.

"Yes we will. You just need to dress a little less lavishly." He tells her are his eyes slowly takes in her outfit. "Will you rather ride than travel in a wagon?" He enquires knowing her choice will determine her outfit.

"I want to go on my horse." She says excitedly. "You know it's the best horse out there." She teases him. Hafez like every other person that has seen Omeed's blood sweat horse admired it. Many have tried crossbreeding it with theirs but Omeed has refused.

"Alright get dressed. I will have Amir fetch you soon." He orders her dismissively as Omeed playfully pouts. With Hafez out of the way she quickly dressed suitably for riding. "Cancel my meeting with the consorts!" Omeed calls out to her maids.

Zoya stood awestruck as she takes in the woman and young man before her. The woman's uncanny resemblance to Omeed was astonishing. And the young man whom she could only guess was Omeed's twin was a male version of Omeed. She even found her self momentarily attracted to him.

With a shake of her head. "Pardon my manners. I am Zoya." She says in Farsi language. But they said nothing in return other than stare back at her. "Oh sorry I forgot you don't speak and understand my language."

Zoya watched as a young man spoke to them in a different language. She immediately saw the smile that graced their features as they said something back to him in return.

"Her majesty and his highness prince Raja are pleased to finally meet the person who has grown with her highness since she was a child." He tells Zoya who grins happily as they exchange pleasantries.