Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to my readers...thanks for the support :) !!!

Not Edited

Omeed took in the murderous glare and posture Zoya had as she stood by the door not walking in any further. "Allah!" Omeed exclaimed not too subtly. "What has gotten into you?"

Zoya could only pant hard, she couldn't speak as she gathered her bearings. All Zoya did was breathe hard for a minute or two as she tried to calm her raging heart. The young servant thought her heart would explode when she saw Farzan walk out of Omeed's study.

Even though Zoya hadn't been far away the entire time of the meeting and had heard Omeed bid them farewell, Zoya still feared the worse had occurred hence she had burst into Omeed's study to confirm she was alright.

"I would have immediately gone after them if something bad had happened to you my lady." Zoya said to Omeed once her raging heart calmed enough for her to make some sense.

"Did Farzan somehow get an inkling as to your true identity my lady? Because if he did, it isn't too late to go after them."

Omeed understood the severity of the situation but right now, she had no justification in taking their meagre unsuspecting life. Though she wouldn't hesitate if and when that time arrives.

"Have a seat Zoya." Omeed said and Zoya immediately obeyed her instruction. Once seated, Omeed went on to explain what had transpired between them not leaving out anything.

The revelation came as an overwhelming surprise to Zoya who couldn't fathom what the arrogant scoundrel was doing traveling with merchants. And why she had failed to notice him before.

"I think Farzan has been outlasted by his father." Omeed said as an after thought eliciting a continuous nod of the head from Zoya whom agreed wholeheartedly. "I wonder what trouble he had caused this time." Omeed said as both ladies chuckled.

"I want you to keep away from him Zoya, he might recognise you." Omeed told Zoya.

"What about you? Don't you think he might come to know your true identity sooner or later?"

"No Farzan won't, because for the duration of my time left in Istanbul I plan on remaining Ahmed. And my sister is away visiting a family friend." Omeed said as she stood up for her day's lessons even though her body still ached from the previous day.

"I will go put out outfits for tonight my lady." Zoya stood up promptly then turned to Omeed who had a distance look on her face. "A lavish or understated attire?" She asked Omeed.

"Lavish Zoya, you never know, tonight I might get a few fathers throwing marriage proposals for their daughters as always." Zoya laughed because it was an inside joke the ladies shared. Omeed as Ahmed was one of the most eligible bachelors in Istanbul.

He was known for his penmanship, good looks, charming personality, poetry, even his vast knowledge was something to reckon with and most of all his wealth that rivalled the wealthiest of men in Turkey. Making him a must have son-in-law within the nobles and politicians alike.

"Put out my finest, it's probably our last outing before we leave anyway." Zoya could only nod then step out to continue with help running the household.

Omeed's shoulders ached and her fingers were covered in blisters as she dressed herself that evening. All day her tutor had tried getting her to master the arrow. Omeed could already fire an arrow or two at once but her tutor wanted her to master firing three. It had been a painstaking task which she finally got right.