Chapter 59

Not Edited

Omeed got on her horse and rode home as quickly as she could. Her mind was in a haze as she stumbled her way through her court yard. She was thankful her butler and other members of her household were still in bed. Even her guards and security had not heard her leave.

"What was I thinking?" She chastises herself once she is in the comfort of her bedchamber. Only now did she realise how bloody cold she had been outside. She had left in only her sleepwear in a snowing winters night. Her fragile state of mind had not registered she was also barefooted.

Omeed couldn't believe she had wanted to not only kill her children but herself. It was a momentary lapse on her path. Against her better judgement she had given up on Hafez, Ladan, and herself. She had given up on life. Although she didn't mind shielding Hafez once again. She thought to herself as she adds wood into her dying flame.

"This isn't me. I am Omeed. I am the daughter of Shahram. I am a princess." She speaks out, now starring at her image in her dressing mirror. "I am a mother and will do everything to survive. I will not give up nor will I ever loose anything that I hold dear to my heart anymore." Omeed encourages herself.

She places both her hands on her flat stomach and made a promise to her unborn baby boys. "I will use my last blood to protect the pair of you. If it means tearing the world apart then mother will do it." She vows. "No harm will come your way even if it means me becoming a monster." Omeed swore with a wicked glint in her eyes.

"I have had to loose and give up too much in my short life, never again will I back down or give up whatever matters to me." Omeed made a promise to herself and her babies before going back to sleep. She was thankful the Imam had appeared when he did even though he had scared her with his words, they had been comforting as well.

Omeed woke up bright and early the next morning for her prayers. After which, she gathered her household to inform them of certain changes that were to take effect immediately. "I will be letting some of you go." She says firmly. "Meaning you will be moving into my other home with the others."

There were several murmurs but Omeed continues talking. "Only ten members of my household will remain including the butler." The old man smiled knowing she was retaining him. "I cannot afford to retain everyone here since there isn't much to do around here anymore."

"If you know you have got loose lips then please leave immediately. Her majesty wants people she can trust with her life around." The butler informs them. "If I get suspicious or you betray her in the slightest, then you will be rewarded with death." He finishes his warning.

She gives them an opportunity to decide amongst themselves. Returning to her chamber, Omeed starts planning for the imminent arrival of her babies. Once again she will remain indoors like she had done with Aaban and Ladan until they are born.

She was going to get workers immediately to lift the fencing around her estate making it impossible to catch a glimpse of her courtyard from outside her estate. Omeed wasn't sure how long it would take for her and her babies to return to the palace but in the meantime, she was going to make her home their castle.

Omeed took every necessary step in preparation for her children. She contacted the five elite guards that had escorted during the war with prince Iraj. Amir had willingly let them go knowing Hafez would have wanted that. She made them swear allegiance to her and swore not to divulge anything with Hafez even though he had originally been their master.

The day Omeed left the palace was the worse day of Hafez's life. What hurt the most was not knowing if she would leave Persia for Hindustan or travel far away. His mind kept playing how distant she had sounded and her words had sounded like a farewell. His only comfort was knowing Omeed wasn't weak minded enough to take her own life.