Chapter 34

Not Edited

Even with the morning sun far out in the clouds it was bitterly cold. Omeed hated the cold weather and it irritated her. Unfortunately for Afsoon, non have warned her an irritated and angry Omeed shouldn't be your opponent.

'Here it was.' Omeed thought spitefully as she slowly turned towards a scowling Afsoon. 'This just might be my chance at taking my anger on a willing participant.' Omeed chuckled within. 'Her blood calls to mine and I'll be damned if it didn't spill.' She smirked coming to a conclusion.

Amir could literally feel the wheels turning in Omeed's head. He knew she was having an internal battle with herself. When he had heard what had happened at princess Zubaida's birthday, he had wished he had a front row seat.

There was a reason the adage goes 'know thy enemy' too bad not very many pay heed to such advice. Afsoon being one of the stupid few. "Concubine Afsoon what did you say?" Omeed asked her sweetly. She didn't want to come off as the aggressor not with so many witness.

"Ah, she's deaf as well." Afsoon threw her hands up gesticulating as she spoke. "There's nothing special about you." She gave Omeed a full look over as a few concubines snickered. Omeed had a smile plastered on her face baiting Afsoon on. She needed her to get physical.

"You are the daughter of a traitor!" Afsoon jeered Omeed,circling her with a wicked glint in her wild blue eyes. "The ministers are probably having a field day in court attacking his majesty. All because you returned! You are a smear in his otherwise untarnished reign."

Everyone fell silent as Omeed laughed. Zoya and Feriha joining her knowing Afsoon has put the final nail to her coffin. "Deaf you say?" Omeed smiled. "I heard you loud and clear. Just wanted you to hear your own voice when you speak." Stopping in front of Afsoon, Omeed standing several inches taller than her looked down at Afsoon.

"I am better than you concubine Afsoon." Omeed spat. "There's a reason why you are a mere concubine and I, the crown princess of Persia." Moving closer in a deathly voice Omeed says. "Persia needs me, his majesty needs me." She smirked seeing Afsoon flinch at her words. "I don't need them! That's what makes me special."

"The next time you call my father a traitor you just might never move concubine Afsoon. There are hundreds of acupuncture points in the body and I know the deadly ones." Omeed said in a sing along voice.

"I trust his majesty to handle the ministers while I deal with the back palace. For every hassle the ministers put his majesty through, you will pay the price since your father spearheads them." Speaking seriously with every traces of laughter gone, Omeed says. "I doubt he'd be pleased to hear his little girl suffer at my able hands. Don't you think so?"

She watched Afsoon's face turn from a scowl into that of rage. Her eyes glaring at Omeed's. "Looks like I hit a sore note. You don't like hearing terrible things about you father do you?" Omeed grinned.

"Too bad, you should have seriously considered that before you spurt your nonsense." She took a deep sigh hoping her final words will be Afsoon undoing.

"I am better than you Afsoon, you are nothing but a spoilt little girl who has been handed everything her entire life. You are nothing without the former prime minister. And you will remain a mere flower. Beautiful on the outside nothing on the inside." Omeed had spoken loudly and had punctuated every word as she spoke down to Afsoon.

Afsoon shook with so much rage, she has never been this angry in her whole life. She regretted not having Omeed killed after princess Zubaida's birthday. From the first time she had laid her eyes on Omeed something about her had irked her to no end. She should have acted upon it.