Chapter 29

Not Edited

Days turned into weeks with Omeed engrossed in her rehearsals. Feriha was there at every step assisting her training. Both ladies have finally put together what they deemed the perfect choreography for such an event.

Omeed wanted to do her best especially now that she has confirmed the relationship between the ex prime minister and the princess household. It had come as a shock to Omeed when she found out since it gave her more reasons to ponder the genuineness of princess Zubaida's action.

"My lady." Zoya knocked on Omeed's door. "My lady, there's an urgent message from the weavers." Hearing that, Omeed jumped off her bed inviting Zoya into her bedroom chamber.

"What is the message Zoya?" Omeed immediately asked hoping they finally found what she was looking for since her return to Isfahan. Omeed had set up the weavers and silkworm farmers on the land her father gave her as a child.

She remembered her father had once spoken of a box he buried on the land. Omeed didn't know where to start looking but she hoped it might bring her closer to finding out what exactly led to the ruination of her family.

Lately, Omeed has been wishing more and more for a different lifestyle as she watches princess Zubaida fawn over her son and unborn child. Before her return to Isfahan, the thought of having a family never crossed her mind. Now it's all her she thinks of each day.

Omeed wants a husband who would support, care and love her. She wants children of her own. Children she could scream at and pamper. She wants a big family of ten. Those were now Omeed's dream.

"They have found the box my lady. I was told it's quite big and heavy." Zoya said with enthusiasm.

"I should have asked them to bring it to me once found. I had told them to send for me if they did." Omeed grumbled as she dressed up quickly. "Zoya have them prepare a wagon and my horse!"

Zoya ran out of the room to get Omeed's order carried out. She returned shortly with Feriha hot on her trail. "Would you like for us to join you Omeed?"  Feriha asked.

"No, I want to do this alone. But, tomorrow you are both going on a trip with me." Omeed replied but once she saw the confused frown they both had on their faces, she continued. "Just a short trip."

"My lady, what about the king's birthday feast? It's only two days away." Asked a frantic Zoya.

"The trip is within Isfahan, so calm down." Omeed laughed as both ladies exhaled loudly. "But for now, I have things to do so please excuse me." With that she dashed outside leaving both ladies stunned.

Omeed rode hard and fast, when she got to the silk farm, she was amazed at how much her workers have achieved. The weavers have accumulated rolls of silk thread and now waited on Omeed to acquire a factory.

A sense of nostalgia washed over Omeed as she stared at the box. She was suddenly afraid of what she might see and this might confirm her worse fear. She now regretted not letting Feriha escort her for comfort. With shaky hands, Omeed opened the box.

In it were several scrolls but one stood out the most. It was addressed to Omeed, who smiled brightly recognising her Pedar's handwriting. She opened it and quickly read it's content. The late Nazir has explained the complexity surrounding the royal family.

He had also made mention that no matter what happens to them as her parents, she should fulfil her duty as their daughter and marry the young king and shouldn't dwell on seeking the truth. The royal family was not to be blamed no matter what happens to him.

The late Nazir discussed Omeed's birth at length. He told her she was a princess and also she could return to her kingdom if she wanted. As her father he wouldn't hold it against her. The other scrolls were to be passed down to the young king once he turns eighteen.