Chapter 61 part-one

Not Edited

Even though she wasn't allowed to actively participate in politics, it hasn't stopped Asal from keeping abreast with the nation's politics. She had her spies and lackey who watched the proceedings in every court session and relate to her the discussions.

She still discreetly meddled with the ministers and nation's politics when no one was watching.

Asal had been meeting with the consorts and court maidens enforcing her dominance over them once again when one of her subordinates ran into her pavilion like the devil himself was after him. "Your majesty! Your majesty!" He shouts dropping to his knees in tears.

"What is wrong with you? Can't you see I am in a meeting?" She admonishes him with a glare that sent shivers down the spines of the consorts and maidens alike. "You had better have a worthy excuse for your lack of etiquette." She scowls.

"Forgive me your majesty but it was imperative that I got to you immediately." He cries as his shoulders slumps further. "It's--it's the ministers your majesty. They've turned on you." He wails as Asal balls her hands into a fist.

"They have petitioned his majesty to have you dethroned." Several gasps were heard from those present. "And you will be asked to return to your prior position as a mere consort."

Asal slowly stood up from her seat stumbling a little as she tries to gain her bearings. Her façade was put up but one could actually see how troubled this news left her. "Leave us!" She coldly orders.

Everyone remained seated not knowing who she was referring to. "Leave now!" Asal growls glaring at the consorts who quickly scurried away. She didn't want them to see her crumble. Not now, not EVER.

Farrah threw a victorious smile Asal's way as she takes her daughter's hand and gently sashayed out of Asal's pavilion. "Royal mother, why would the ministers want queen mother deposed?" Young princess Ladan ask. Her innocence in a palace full of vicious women was endearing.

"I am not sure Ladan. But they must have very good reasons for wanting to depose her." Farrah states with a discreet smile etched on her face. 'Perhaps Allah was finally answering my prayers'. Farrah thought to herself.

"Come child let's go look for your father. You need to inform him of your progress." She beckons her curious daughter who nods with excitement at the mention of her father before dashing off leaving Farrah behind. "Zoya, please help me find out what is going on quickly!" Farrah orders Zoya.

"Tell me what happened!" Asal orders the eunuch once they're alone. "Hurry up!" She screeches impatiently as she paces from one end of the hall to the other. Her hands still balled up into a fist.

"I don't know how to say this your majesty." He sobs harder. "Deposed queen Omeed has outwit us." Asal fumes even further at the mention of Omeed's name. "I have a feeling she was never kicked out of the palace. She had left to hide the fact that she was pregnant."

"She had his majesty's heir." He shouts furiously. "No not just one but twin boys. Apparently, she was pregnant when she was sent out of the palace and it seems the ministers all wants to ally with her since her son will become the future king." He spat angrily.

"No she couldn't have been. My spies, my spies would have told me she was pregnant or that she had his majesty's sons." Asal cries in denial as she collapses to the floor like a jumbled mess. "For a whole year no one heard anything of her. I thought she had finally learnt her place." Asal shouts.

"The ministers, they wouldn't dispose of me just because the ingrate has his majesty's heir." The assures herself as she looks around her pavilion whilst still sat on the floor. "She is a foreigner on Persian soil."