Chapter 32

Not Edited

Hafez sat patiently waiting for Omeed's return, she had been gone a while and he was slowly loosing his patience. Something he's never had to begin with.

The young king wanted to be with his future queen, he wanted to take her in his embrace and show her how much he cared and missed her during her long absence.

They had so much to talk about, he was sure she had questions that needed answering. And if she was anything like she was as a young girl, then he should expect her wrath.

"Amir, I can't take this anymore. Lead the way!" He ordered Amir who immediately got hold of a lantern and led Hafez towards the direction Omeed and the ladies left in.

"Yes your majesty. This way please." Amir replied. He expected Hafez to wait no longer and had been surprised he hadn't reacted much earlier.

"Amir, do you think she'd want to share my chambers with me?" Hafez whispered nervously. He wanted to do everything right by Omeed but at the same time he wanted he close.

Amir chuckled inside, it wasn't everyday you get to see Hafez nervous and to think he is because of a woman makes it all the more ridiculous. "Your majesty, I think you should leave it up to lady Omeed to decide." Amir responded.

"I could have them prepare sleeping quarters for her tonight." He said as an afterthought.

"I don't want her too far away!" Hafez whispered yell realising there were others around. He didn't want them knowing Omeed was his weakness. "Let's hope she wants to stay in mine. We don't have to share a bed, she could take my inner bedchamber."

They heard voices so came to an halt as they listened, without meaning to. They heard the hush conversation Omeed had with her maid and best friend.

Hafez paled at Feriha's insinuation he had asked Omeed to share his bed. Then blushed furiously knowing she was just as big a novice as he was in bedroom matters.

Amir's upper body shook as he chuckled quietly. He thought the ladies were hilarious and the look on Hafez's was a picture worth saving in his head. Amir always wondered what women talked about in their spare time.

"Interesting conversation, don't you think so your majesty." He teased Hafez who could only send a glare Amir's way as they continued to listen in.

Hafez heard the worries in their voices for Omeed's safety should she decide to remain here. But most of all he was glad she had the support of her friend and her maid.

Omeed wouldn't have her father or a minister backing her and that worried Hafez immensely.

"Even though I had passed the law forbidding interactions between consorts and ministers I feel Omeed will need the support of some ministers."

Hafez's words came as a massive shock to Amir who knew how much efforts it has taken for Hafez to keep minsters away from consorts.

"But your majesty, that would be defying your own judgement." Amir exclaimed. He could already visualise the ministers and consorts taking liberties of the proposition. "I don't think this is viable your majesty."

"It is feasible as long as Omeed is sheltered from everyone. I just need a few trustworthy ministers who idolised her late father." Hafez says thoughtfully.

"In that case the present Nazir should be the first on the list." Amir smirked happy to be of assistance. "He's after all her uncle and closest living relative."

"Oh, look into medical training for her friend. It's obvious she wants to remain close to lady Omeed. Although I've heard they both have medical skills." At Amir's confused expression Hafez explains.