Chapter 25

Not Edited

A torturous journey couldn't begin to describe the trip from Ming dynasty to Persia. Omeed had been violently ill onboard her boat to the point where everyone had thought she wouldn't make it out alive.

Her servants and merchants worked tirelessly to heal her. They were worried about their lady since lord Ahmed had asked the to take care of her while he remained in Ming dynasty for a while longer. His little sister would run and take care of the establishment in his absence.

The servants and staffs weren't aware Omeed and Ahmed were the same person even though they've served under her for years. Some longer than others. Only Feriha, Zoya and Atash knew Omeed and Ahmed were the same person.

Feriha fought tooth and nail to care for her every whim. She wasn't going to let the only family she now had perish especially not to something as little as an illness. She cared for Omeed and never lost hope even when all hope was gone.

The thought of returning to the place she once called home had given Omeed a new lease to life. It gave her the zest she needed to fight as she wallowed in her illness.

Medical skills from training Omeed and Feriha had acquired in Ming dynasty came in handy. Both ladies had learnt acupuncture and thankfully that was one of the few things Feriha had been keen about other than poisoning.

When Omeed had suggested they practice medicine, Feriha had vehemently refused until she saw the joy it brought Omeed a week into her training. She had asked Omeed once again. "Why medicine Omeed?"

"Feriha I had an awful nightmare years ago while we were still in Turkey. That person was surrounded by people helplessly watching him die. He was very ill and had been poisoned yet no one could help." Whenever Omeed spoke of Hafez, she always referred to him as 'That person'.

Omeed had kept her return a secret from Atash and the others back in Isfahan, she wanted to catch them unaware and see for herself how they managed things during her long absence.

As they entered Isfahan Omeed took in a deep breath. Breathing in the familiar scent of cooking stale bread in the air. "I am finally home."  She sighed causing Feriha to chuckle. "Go ahead and locate the stores!" Omeed ordered the merchants close by when they got into the market.

"Yes, my lady." They all said at once before scrambling off in search of the shops and their location. Feriha walked next to Omeed chattering away. It was her first time in Isfahan and she already thought the architecture fascinating.

"Omeed this place is beautiful." Feriha gasp as people stared at them wondering who they were. Although Omeed had a veil over her face, Feriha didn't. Men and women stared as Omeed led the group. "We need a nice big home with a beautiful courtyard and garden."  She said excitedly as she took in her surrounding.

"We've found it my lady." Her servants soon reported.

"Were you seen or noticed by anyone of them?" Omeed asked referring to her workers.

"No my lady, they all seemed occupied with customers." Omeed nodded her head impressed as she was led to one of her many stores. In the years she sent Atash and a few others down, her establishments have grown with her now running over ten flagship stores around Isfahan.

"Feriha, do I really look different from what I did when I first met you?" Omeed questioned Feriha, she needed the reassurance that non would recognise her after being away for so long. The last thing she needed was to be caught before she achieves anything.

"You look different Omeed, you were a girl then but a woman now." Feriha assured her making Omeed breath a sigh of relief. One she didn't know she held before then. "You will be fine. I am right here." Feriha smiled sweetly.

When they came to a stop Omeed took in the flag displayed at the entrance. It was her brand sign one that commanded respect and acknowledgement. "Go ahead Ilyas!" She ordered a servant who walked in front of her. With her following closely behind.