Chapter 6

Not Edited

It's been a week since the funeral of the late Shah had taken place. Hafez have had to grow up quickly with so much required of him even though the mourning period wasn't over.

He had even turned down the proposal for his coronation unless the mourning period finishes. The ministers have made their intentions clear from the start, it was only befitting that he gave them a resounding response in return.

Today for the first time since his father's death Hafez had a moment to spare for himself. As he thought back to how quickly the situation became dire, he suddenly remembered Omeed. He gasped in horror at his forgetfulness.

How could he have forgotten his appointment with the young lady who calls herself Zoya? He stood up abruptly shouting Amir's name. Amir rushed in like the devil himself was hot on his trail thinking the young future king was in trouble.

"Your Highness." Amir stated as he took in the surrounding looking out for any threat. He breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

"How may I be of any help your highness?" He asked with a slight bow of his head trying to understand the frantic emotions transpiring in the eyes of Hafez as he paced around the room like a wounded tiger.

"Amir, I forgot about meeting Zoya at the health centre. We were suppose to see her. Oh no she must think terribly of me for not showing up after we had agreed to meet up."  He briefly stopped his pacing as he looked at Amir for a response.

"What if I've lost contact with her forever? I don't even know her real name Amir." He rubbed his face furiously with both hands as he took in a deep breath.

With so much happening in his young life that he has had to deal with, he had forgotten about a major player in his intricate life. Hafez had forgotten for a moment the girl with deer like eyes that shown so brightly. The girl that made him question his principles as a young prince. And most of all, the girl that made his heart race desperately.

They both had forlorn looks on their faces not knowing where and how to look for Omeed. With a determined look on his face, Amir immediately volunteered to go out into town in search of Omeed and her friends.

He was going to search the health centre and walk around the market place with the hope of perhaps catching a glimpse of Omeed, Zoya or Atash.

As he set off on his horse, he silently questioned Hafez's motive for Omeed. He wondered if the young prince only wanted her as a friendly companion, a consort or he wanted her for her expertise in the way of the less privileged. Whatever it was, he would make sure Hafez threaded carefully.

The last thing Hafez needed was an 'Achilles heel'. Amir had swore to combat every hindrance on Hafez's path with no exception.

Before long, he arrived at the health centre but was told Omeed and her gang haven't been seen since the last time they were all there helping. He asked around from the staff if they knew her real name and identity but was told no one but the recently retired chief physician knew who she was.

All they gathered was that her father was a senior minister and she was from the noblest of bloodlines. Amir got the address of the retired physician then set out to pay him a visit.

Taking in the little piece of information, Amir was in a dilemma on whether or not to continue his search for Omeed whom he was now sceptical about. Amir wondered if their meeting had been a set up, if in fact someone higher up was playing games with Hafez. Surely if her father is a minister with her being a top noble then she must have seen or heard of Hafez before now.