Chapter 19

Not Edited

From where she stood having lighthearted discussion with fellow attendees, Omeed's gaze was transfixed on Feriha and Farzan's interaction that seemed to be going on for far too long. She was a little disturbed by Feriha's body language because it showed interest and curiosity.

For a moment Omeed had questioned her calculation in introducing the pair, she wondered if Feriha might join her ever growing list of people that'll fall to her blade. The thought of that happening hadn't gelled to well with Omeed but having an Achilles heel wasn't something Omeed accepted either.

Feriha knew far too much, and other than Zoya and Atash, she is the only one who knew of Omeed's persona and her revenge. Unable to constrict her darkened thoughts, Omeed excused herself dashing out of the party for some fresh air in the gardens.

The odd pair had noted Omeed's mad dash for the back exit, with Farzan wondering out loud if something was wrong. "Excuse me my lord while I go check on lord Ahmed." Feriha was several steps away before Farzan could respond to her.

Moving faster with very few people in her way, Feriha came to an abrupt stop noticing the rays from moon light was the only source of light in the garden with Omeed staring at it deep in thoughts.

"Why do you stand so far away Feriha?" Omeed asked her getting a gasp in return as Feriha slowly walked towards her.

"How were you able to note I was here without looking away from the moon?" Feriha asked Omeed who simply ignored Feriha's question not wanting to let her know her scent and the sounds from her anklets gave her away.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Omeed asked Feriha who hadn't fail to hear the coldness in Omeed's voice.

"What is my lord?" Feriha cautiously asked not exactly sure what Omeed had been referring to.

"I especially miss them all tonight Feriha." Omeed stated confusing Feriha further.

"What bothers you Omeed?" Feriha asked her quietly not wanting anyone within hearing distance to hear her.

"I don't want to ever have to hurt you Feriha, so answer me truthfully. Do you like Farzan?" For the first time Omeed took her eyes away from the moon as she stared blankly at Feriha who shivered from the coldness she witnessed in Omeed's orbs.

Feriha had been too flustered to respond immediately and for Omeed, that was all the answer she needed. With a lopsided grin, she gripped her sword tightly and walked away leaving a perplexed Feriha in the garden.

Farzan had seen Omeed walk back in without Feriha so he made a move to enquire of Feriha's whereabouts. "Lord Ahmed, where is lady Feriha?" He asked Omeed but all he got was a set of black cold eyes that made him stumble back involuntarily.

"Be sure to return my gold before noon." Farzan nodded as Omeed spoke. "Oh I left her in the garden." Omeed jolted her thumb towards the back entrance that led to the garden.

As Omeed made her way through the crowd, she heard Farzan shout a grateful thank you but she didn't respond or look back as she walked out to her carriage bringing a close to an eventful night for her.

"There you are my lady." Farzan was too foolish to feel the tension in the air when he found Feriha still stood where Omeed had left her earlier. "I have looked all over for you."

Feriha glared at Farzan wondering why her heart had momentarily been shaken by this man. Was it his naivety she found endearing or was it the fact that he was a gateway to helping Omeed that drew her to him?

She questioned herself as Farzan stared at her face, searching her eyes to see what he had done wrong in the short space of time. He had thought they had made slight progress earlier before she practically ran after Omeed.