Chapter 26

Not Edited

Everything had happened so fast. One moment he was awaiting Amir the next he was being enchanted by the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. For the first time in his almost twenty years Hafez experienced love in it's true form.

Omeed's bewitching eyes had stolen his heart and her eyes now dwelled in his. His heartbeat had skipped a beat the moment their eyes met. Who was this girl? Why did she seem familiar yet unfamiliar? Hafez asked himself too stunned to let go of her.

"My lady, your veil has fallen. Your face is not covered." Gasped a shocked Zoya as she joined them pulling Omeed out of Hafez's strong grip. But Omeed had heard non of that, all she did was stare at Hafez with mouth agape in bewilderment.

Feriha finally joined them as she immediately covered Omeed's head and face. Her action came as a deserved relief for Hafez who finally broke out of his reverie. But still kept his gaze on Omeed as she's led to her palanquin.

Even Feriha couldn't take her eyes off Hafez. In her many years of dealing with men, this was the first time a man has caught her attention. "That is the most beautiful man I've ever seen." She sighs dreamingly.

"Was he that good looking?" Zoya questioned. She had been too shy to sneak a peak of Hafez and it was deemed rude to stare at a noble in the eyes without permission. Looking through the carriage window, she looked at Hafez who stood still watching the ladies retreating figures.

Omeed was in tears, her heart clenched the further away she got from Hafez. She didn't know what it was about him that made her feel so much hurt. Something about him peaked her interest.

Omeed sat in her palanquin staring at Hafez longingly with him doing the same with nothing but a light curtain separating them. She had to remind herself of the task ahead when she felt the need to run back to him. She wanted to ask his name and even tell him hers.

Perhaps the way he stood tall with his neatly trimmed moustache or maybe the way he held her tightly to his warm firm body. It had made her feel safe and secured. She thought before shaking her head furiously. She suddenly hated the way he had made her feel.

Once they arrived back at her estate Omeed excused herself retiring for the night. She had been ashamed of herself and the feeling Hafez had evoked in her. Yet she was curious of his identity.

The way he was dressed meant he was a top noble. She was attracted to his power something that came naturally with Hafez. Everything about Hafez was welcoming and inviting. Omeed couldn't sleep that night until the early hours of the morning.

Amir had seen Omeed's retreating back when he got to Hafez. What had him worried was that for the first time Hafez was staring at a girl longingly. He had put Omeed on a back burner and that was an accomplishment for Hafez who has stayed true to his love for her.

"Might finally be letting go." Amir murmured quietly but Hafez had heard him. "I wonder whose daughter that was?" Amir spoke loudly hoping to get a reaction off Hafez who had a permanent scowl on his face. "Your majesty, she'll be there tomorrow. Heard she was tired after the long trip and needed her rest."

"We return to the palace at once!" Hafez ordered leaving no room for disobedience as they turned towards the direction where their horses awaited them. They were at the palace secret passage when Hafez suddenly gasped.

"Jasmine, yes that was what seemed familiar about her. She smelt like Omeed did." Amir sighed just when he thought Hafez was finally getting over his fixation with Omeed he has returned to the very beginning.

It frustrated Amir seeing Hafez pin for Omeed, although it seemed sweet and endearing, it did nothing for the royal family. Hafez needed an heir, soon questions will be asked and investigations will follow. Especially with Hafez turning twenty soon.