Chapter 39

Not Edited

Omeed stared blankly at the imposing figure in her door way. She wasn’t quite sure if she should welcome him or strangle his pitiful life out of him.

But one thing for sure, she was going to beat him up and no one was going to get in her way. Not even Zoya.

Omeed stood up abruptly and stalked towards an unkempt Atash. Three weeks of rough sleeping has clearly taken its toll on his once handsome features. Atash haven’t shaved in the weeks he’s been away.

He could easily be mistaken for a beggar on the street.

“Where have you been?” Omeed asked as her fist makes contact with his nose spilling his blood. Atash stumbles backward with a sly grin on his face. The hurt he felt at that moment was nothing compared to the pain consuming his chest.

If anything he felt pleased to have her skin make contact with his. The crazed look in his eyes worried Zoya immensely as she stepped towards them. Omeed hit him again, this time on his jaw and then his stomach.

The impact made him drop to his knees as he grunts in pain.

“My lady, please stop. Don’t hit him anymore.” Pleads a frantic Zoya, She was on her knees with her eyes steadily on Atash’s.  “He doesn’t seem right.”  Zoya cries as Omeed’s grip on Atash’s neck tightens.

Zoya had been referring to the abnormal glint Atash’s eyes held. It wasn’t malicious, but it seemed distant.

Letting him go as he gasp for air,  Zoya wipes the blood off his face. His crazed gaze worried her greatly. “What has happened to you Atash? I looked everywhere for you.”

Atash’s gaze softened a little as he stares at Zoya before hardening once again. He had momentarily remembered who he was but reverted back to being a mad man once he saw the pitiful look Omeed threw his way. Pleased to have gotten a reaction off her.

“Zoya, prepare some herbs for his injuries. Oh and have someone ready him a bath!” Omeed instructs a reluctant Zoya.

“Yes my lady, right away.” Zoya excused herself, although she didn’t want to for fear of Omeed letting loose once again. “Please don’t hit him anymore my lady. I beg of you.” She pleads.

“I won’t, you just do as you’re told.” Omeed answered nonchalantly not taking her eyes off an amused Atash who has a smile on his face. “What do you find so funny Atash?” She asks him as his smirk grew wider.

“I miss you my lady. I am sorry for making you upset.” He looks away chewing on his lips. For a moment Omeed remembered the young lad who was always there to pick her up when she fell.

Overwhelmed with guilt, Omeed blamed herself for his sudden state of mind. “It’s alright Atash, I am not angry at you. How could I ever stay mad at you?”

She sighs taking his hand in hers. “You are like an older brother to me.” She says genuinely, meaning every word she uttered.

“I won’t love you anymore my lady.” A stray tear slid down his face as he sniffled. “I will learn to stop loving you even though it would be really difficult.” Omeed chuckles as her eyes shone brightly.

“Can you honestly do that for me Atash?” If he could she was willing to let him have her other estate and remain in Isfahan. Omeed was willing to help him with whatever life he craved for as long as he kept himself out of trouble.

If including  Atash, Feriha and Zoya to her family genealogy would help the betterment of their lives, Omeed was willing to. It was an idea she had been toiling with lately. One that will practically make them nobles.