Chapter 11

Not Edited

With the monsoon season fast approaching Omeed was at her wits end. She needed to round up the last of her businesses in the capital before her trip to Hindustan. Today more than any other day Omeed missed Isfahan. She wishes she could just pack up and return to the city she had called home for thirteen years.

But she knew better, she couldn't return to Isfahan right now still looking like the young girl she had been two years earlier. Life unfortunately didn't always work as planned.

Omeed has bided her time and has waited patiently to grow from a young girl into a young woman non on the street of Isfahan would recognise. She still went around the city of Istanbul dressed as a young man even though she was still the most sought after.

As she laid down on her mattress with her hair sprawled on her pillow, she busied herself putting together her next plan. A thought she has been flirting with came back to her. Omeed has been contemplating sending Atash back to Isfahan to open a flagship store for when she returned. She wanted to become a household name on the streets of Isfahan.

Although she couldn't do it in person, Atash could since in the two years they've been away from Isfahan he has changed the most. Atash now looked bulkier and could easily pass for a noble man with the education he has received so far. She was slightly worried how Zoya might welcome this unexpected news. Knowing her love for the young man.

Not paying much attention, Omeed had not noticed Feriha and Zoya walk into her room. "My lady, miss Feriha is here to see you." Zoya's announcement had not been acknowledged by Omeed who still basked in her reverie.

"Oh Zoya, isn't it lovely watching your lady deep in thoughts?" Feriha jest as they both watched Omeed who still had a forlorn look on her face. "I sometimes wonder what goes on in her head with the amount of time she spends alone thinking." Zoya could only giggle at her words. She has come to accept Feriha and the playful banter she has with just about everyone.

After a while, the ladies had enough chuckling at Omeed's expense. Zoya went out to fetch a pot of tea as Feriha finally snapped Omeed out of her thoughts. "Do you realise I have stood here watching you for a while?" Omeed smiled meekly.

"What has got you so worried young lady?" She asked taking a sit next to Omeed. "And you cannot tell me it's nothing." She immediately added. Feriha knew and understood Omeed enough to know when she is about to avoid a question. And right now Omeed was trying to.

"Alright, I was thinking of perhaps sending Atash to Isfahan. I need someone to help me open a few shops out on the street of Isfahan. Unfortunately, I cannot get it done in person."

"Have you spoken to him about it?" Feriha asked Omeed who shook her head.

"It's not certain, it's just an idea I've been playing with. I know for a fact that it would come in useful someday when I go back to Isfahan."

"So other than Atash are you planning on sending Zoya along with him? He's after all her betrothed. I think it would be more convenient if you asked Zoya what her thoughts were on this." Feriha suggested. Just then Zoya came in with the tea pot in her hands.

"Zoya, there's something I must speak to you about." Omeed said as she gestured for Zoya to take a seat. Omeed watched Zoya's big blue wandering eyes. Almost feeling sorry for her.

"Yes my lady?" Zoya's eyebrows knitted together in a frown as she nervously played with her fingers, too scared of what Omeed would say to her. She caught a glimpse of the pitiful look Feriha threw her way as she waited for Omeed to relay whatever it was she needed to say.