Part 36

A/N: This is the end of season 6! ah! So, obviously expect a cliff hanger because it will lead into season 7 since there is a bit of a time jump!

Enjoy!

S6E23&24

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood with Brooke at the store, preparing ourselves for Lucas and Peyton's wedding day.

"You look very handsome, Mr. James." She smiled, making sure my tie was good, "How are you here, anyway? Don't you have some big team to boss around?" she smirked.

I smiled back, "Being the coach has its perks! And you look gorgeous, as always, Mrs. James."

She smiled wide and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

"What about me?" Peyton spoke, coming out from the dressing room.

"You look okay, I guess." I smirked and gave her a loving hug.

"I just want you guys to know... if anything happens to me--." Peyton started.

"Why would you say that? You shouldn't talk like that." Brooke pleaded.

"Brooke, we have to! I really need you guys to hear me out on this." Peyton begged, and continued after Brooke and I gave in. "If anything happens to me I need the two of you to watch over Lucas, and the baby." Peyton cried.

"You know we will, P. Sawyer... but you aren't going anywhere." I stated.

"Exactly, and if you do go anywhere then we are definitely not best friends anymore." Brooke joked, lightening the mood.

***

The wedding was around the corner, but obviously there had to be some type of drama before. So far, something with the minister had gone wrong which led to Haley becoming the minister.

"Look, if you can't think of anything to say just use song lyrics!" Peyton said.

"Will do!" Haley laughed, "So, Luke said that his parents couldn't make it today... I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I mean it was rather last minute." Peyton acknowledged.

"So, you're just gonna give yourself away?" Brooke asked. "I could do it."

"No, I need you to be my maid of honor!" Peyton smiled, turning to me, "I was hoping you would do it..."

"You want me to give you away?" I asked, feeling appreciated.

"Of course, you're like the guy best friend that you'd never date." Peyton smirked, then realized we did in fact have a fling, "Anyway! What do you think?"

"I'd be honored to, P. Sawyer." I smiled.

***

The wedding was underway, and Brooke was the first to make her way down the isle. Obviously, I was smiling like an idiot at how amazing she looked and how she was still able to make my heart skip.

"Here we go." Peyton sighed as we began to make our way down the isle.

The whole way down the isle, my eyes were on Brooke. I know, that's probably selfish when it is Peyton's day, but I couldn't help myself. She caught my stare and flashed me one of her signature dimples just as I handed Peyton over to Lucas to begin the ceremony.

Haley began and wasn't too bad, but then she ruined it by making a really bad joke that only she laughed at.

"Really Skills!" Haley shouted, noticing that Jamie wasn't in his seat.