Chapter Three

A/N: hello friends!! Back at it again with another chapter... enjoy!

Season 3 Episode 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was that time of year again... Luke, Haley, and I were making predictions for our school year for the last time. We start off by rereading past predictions, which lead us to the decision of waiting to see how the first day of school goes.

***

Walking into school the next day, I had a list of priorities. On the top of that list was talking to coach Durham. I thought all night about it and I came to the conclusion of joining the Ravens my senior year.

I knocked on the door, "Hey Coach, you got a sec?"

"Baby James... You returned. Have a seat, son." He said, gesturing to the chair, "What can I do for you?"

I took a breath and got straight to the point, "I was just wondering if there was room on your team for one more Raven."

A small grin spread across his face like wildfire, "I suppose I could make some room for ya. Does Nathan and Haley know about you doing this?"

I laughed, "Actually, it was their idea. They just don't know I chose to follow through."

I got up, heading for the door. "Toby..." He began, I turned to face him ," Better get yourself into shape soon." He smirked. "Also, you missed the recording for the time capsule... so you'll be doing that before you get into practice, understood?"

I nodded and exited the room, running into no other than Dan Scott in the hall.

"Well, well... Good to see you decided to show up to something that's good for you." He smirked, entering Whitey's office.

***

That night, we had learned the reason for Dan being there. Tonight there was a school board meeting in attempt to replace Whitey as coach. So, in an effort to avoid that, the entire team showed up to stand behind Whitey.

Lucas later showed, shocked by seeing me there.

"Guess who's your newest teammate." I smiled.

He returned with a smile and a quick "bro hug" before going over to Peyton, who then approaches me.

"Peyton, I love you and all but you really gotta quit following me around!" I joked, receiving a punch in the shoulder.

"So, what's this I hear you're gunna be a Raven? And... I heard you blow up on Brooke the other night, what was all that about?" she asked.

I intended on answering her, but a question of my own popped into my head first. "I'll answer those in a second, but can I ask something first?" she nodded, so i asked "You're mad at Haley for leaving then coming back... but I did too, so what's the difference? Why aren't you ripping me a new one?"

She pursed her lips in thought, "I guess I just have a soft spot for ya.." She teased, then got a serious expression, "Really though, she never reached out to Nathan. Not once, and when she did it was to his answering machine. You kept in contact when you could... So I guess that's why." she paused, then put a hand on my shoulder, "You should really go talk to Brooke though." she finished, and walking to go talk to Mouth.

At that moment, the school board members walked out of the school with Whitey leading them.

"Sorry gentlemen.." He began, my smile fell, "You're stuck with me." He concluded.

The team erupted in clapping and cheers, happy to keep a beloved coach. With that ending well, it was time to go see Haley and catch up. By that, I mean we have to figure out our predictions for the year.

I knocked on the door, and Brooke answered with a smile. We hadn't spoken since the bonfire, and I didn't really know what to say.

"Hey." She said, stepping aside so I could come in.

Before I could reply Haley said, "Alright, come sit with me now. I was with you for months and I'm having withdrawals." she laughed, and I sent an apologetic look at Brooke.

"I've actually got some news..." I started, getting the attention of them both, "I'm gunna be a Raven this year." I smiled.

Their faces lit up, and I earned a hug from Haley.

"Another Raven, what are we to do." Brooke joked.

"Well, they get all the cute girls so..." I replied, making her look down at her hands.

A moment later, Lucas joined us. As if he had just sat down, there was another knock on the door and there stood Nathan.

"We need to talk." he said. And with that, Haley left with him.

"That's my queue." I said, heading to the door.

"Toby, you don't need to go..." Brooke pleaded.

I sighed, glancing at Lucas, "Yeah... I think I do."

***

While walking home, I passed an outdated liquor store. I remember that they never carded people anymore, so I decided I'd ignore my thoughts and drown myself with some good alcohol.

Once home, I drank as I stared as a blank paper titled "Senior Year Predictions". Truth be told, I knew what I wanted, who I wanted, and how... but it was so far fetched it was pointless to write them down. But at the same time, an entire school year has yet to occur and a lot could come of it. I finished my glass, wrote out my predictions, and headed to the Cafe to meet Haley and Lucas.

He placed our papers in the wall, covering them with the loose brick. Haley gave me a tight hug and then back up with a concerned look, "Toby... you've been drinking. There's only one reason you'd do that, what's going on?" she asked.

I sighed, "Haley..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: There ya go... not too sure how this is going for any of ya, or if there's even anyone out there yet!

Till next time....

*kelsey*