Part 34

No A/N

S6E19&20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So," Peyton smirked, looking up from her drawing, "When are you gonna get in that studio over there and make an album?"

I squinted my eyes and paused my strumming, "When are you gonna tell Brooke about your pregnancy risks?"

She let out a breath in defeat and I raised an eyebrow, "Well? I can't keep this from her any longer... I love you, P. Sawyer, but so does she."

"I know, I know... I just need to figure out the right time!" Peyton pleaded.

At that moment, Brooke stormed in ready to fight.

"What happened to a baby!" She glared at me, "We can't make beautiful babies if you are here, now can we?"

I bit my lip in order to keep myself from smiling and turned to Peyton.

"Oh no, this is all you!" She laughed, walking out of the room.

"Brooke," I said, standing up from my seat and taking her hands, "I will be home later, okay? I just have a quick checkup at the doctor... nothing to worry about... and then I will be home and we can make all the babies you want." I smirked, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be waiting!" She stated, storming off.

***

"Tobin, your heart is great! You don't need to have anymore checkups." The doctor said, taking a seat on his stool.

"I know... but, this isn't about my heart." I sighed, getting his attention, "My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a month now and it hasn't been worlong. I know these things take time but I just want to see if it's me or not."

"Alright, we can run some tests." The doctor nodded.

---later---

"Well," he sighed, taking a seat, "I've got news." he grinned.

***

I walked into the house, being greeted by Sam who was all chipper and hyper.

"What are you up to?" I sighed, exchanging a glance with Brooke.

"Yeah... I was wondering the same thing! Oh god... Sam, did you break something?" Brooke teased.

"No!" Sam scoffed, then smirked, "So, you guys are going to have a baby... so, Jack and I kinda got an early gift for you guys! Its first onsie..." Sam smiled wide, handing Brooke and I the gift.

"Sam, this is really sweet of you." Brooke smiled in return, holding back proud tears.

Me on the other hand, instantly had tears streaming down my face and I shook my head.

"We don't need this..." I sighed.

Brooke's head snapped in my direction, "What does that mean?"

I shook my head even more, "We can't have a baby, Brooke." I cried, "It's me... I'm the reason we aren't pregnant yet."

***

I heard footsteps in the room and then suddenly the blinds were ripped open and the sunshine burned my eyes. I looked around and spotted Haley standing there with a smirk.

"Hales, what are you doing?" I groaned.

"I don't allow people to pout in my spare bedroom! Just talk to Brooke! Why did you stay here anyway?"

"I bet he's in trouble." Jamie smirked.

"I am not!" I defended, then looking at Haley with a stern face, "We just can't talk this out just yet."

"Well, you better get your sensitive ass in check and get to practice!" Haley teased.

"Momma, language!" Jamie shouted, covering his ears.

"Why didn't Nathan wake me!" I scoffed, rushing out of bed.

"I don't know, maybe because you are the coach." she smirked, leaving the room.

I rolled my eyes and raced to practice.

***

Nathan was moving the ball really well, but like all good players he needed to rest at some point.

I blew my whistle, "Nice work, Nate. Jones, go in at point and run it again."

The two switched spots and they ran the play again, which ended the practice. "Good work, guys. Head to the locker room."

The team dispersed towards the lockers, but I needed to stop Nathan.

"Hey, Nate." I shouted, getting him to approach me. "We have a problem! My two best players are at the point and if I wanna win I need you both on the court at once."

Nathan nodded and looked at the ground, "So I'm moving back to shooting guard."

"No." I scoffed, "I want you to help him with the transition over to shooting guard. You're the leader here, Nate." I smirked, giving him a pat on the shoulder as he headed to join the rest of the team.

***

I entered my house quietly, only to see Brooke and Sam arguing as I entered.

"I may not know a lot... But I know he loves you! I know enough not to lock my heart away!" Sam shouted, storming into her room.

At that moment, Brooke turned to face me and we both instantly froze. "Hi." she spoke.

"Hey." I sighed.

"I missed you last night. Where did you go?"

"I stayed with Haley and Nathan." I informed, "I figured if I can't give you the one thing you want the most then you wouldn't want me anymore..."

Without any hesitation she bolted over to me and took me into a hug, "I will ALWAYS want you... Yes, I want a family and it sucks that we have some complications right now but we will get through it. It'll be hard and stressful but when are we every easy." She said, letting a small smirk grow on her face.

I nodded and tightened my arms around her, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." She sighed, "My heart is still locked up too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*