Part 14

A/N:

This will probably be short, so I apologize!!

S5E14

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in the morning with my father on my mind, and apparently so did Brooke.

"So, what did Carter want?" she asked.

I sighed, "I don't know... I kinda panicked and slammed the door in his face." I laughed, "But then I opened it back up and we made plans for today... I'm meeting up with him later."

"Well, I'm sorry I can't join... I have so much work to do."

"It's okay, I think it will be good for us to be alone... I'll just fill you in after." I answered, as I planted a kiss on her temple and got dressed.

***

"So, how'd you get out?" I asked, taking a sip of coffee.

"I guess Olivia came forward and told the truth... her son must have gave her a scare. So, now I am released and working to get it off my record." Carter informed, "Who was that pretty brunette with you?"

I smiled, "That would be Brooke, my fiance."

"Nice work!" He teased, causing me to laugh, "You must be a charmer like I am." His face then grew serious and he continued, "So, Tobin, tell me more about you. I missed out on 22 years, I'd like to know more about my son."

"Well, I have no real job like all of my friends do... the farthest I got was basketball, but my heart condition ruined that." I informed.

"Heart condition?"

I was just about to answer when my phone rang. Brooke was calling me, yet, she was at work so it must have been urgent. The moment she spoke my jaw dropped and it felt as though my heart stopped.

"I'm sorry to bolt, but I have to go!" I smiled.

"Already? What's the rush for?"

"I have to go get my baby..."

***

I met up with Brooke at a baby store, and she insisted that I call Peyton and Haley. So, when I called them I placed them on speaker.

"Hey, Tobes! What's up?" Peyton said.

"Hey! We have some news for you!" I laughed.

"So do we, but you go first!"

"We're getting a baby!" Brooke cheered, which made me laugh more.

"Wow, well yours is definitely happier!" Haley said.

"Oh, come on, what's yours?" I asked.

"Peyton and I are making an album together!" Haley replied.

"No more music talk, we have a baby to prepare for!" Brooke said, hanging up the phone.

She dragged me through the ENTIRE store... and let me just say, I am pretty sure we purchased the whole store before we headed back home. We unloaded all of the baby crap just as Peyton and Haley walked in.

"Holy cow, did you get it all?" Peyton teased.

"Trust me, that store was happy that we basically purchased everything!"

"So, tell us about the baby!" Haley laughed.

"Okay, she's a baby girl who has a medical condition. The agency places these kids in host families until they get all of the surgeries taken care of and then they go back! Well, the host family before us dropped out and they said that this could be our trial run! We pick her up tomorrow." Brooke informed, smiling the entire time.

"I'm happy for you guys!" Peyton smiled, giving me a hug.

"Do you have everything you need?" Haley asked.

"We have all of this... what else is there?" Brooke sighed.

"Food, diapers, etc." Haley stated, seeing Brooke and I exchange glances, "Just come over, I am sure Jamie has some old stuff you could use."

"Thank you so much!" Brooke smiled, heading back out.

They all left and I was alone.

"Don't worry! I'll just... clean all this up." I sighed, getting to work.

***

"Lets go get our baby, Brooke Davis." I smiled, giving her a kiss as we entered the airport.

She spent the entire time pacing, and I was doing everything I could to calm her down or relax her.

"Brooke, you're going to do amazing! Everything will be okay!" I smiled, but then she started crying.

I turned to see what she was staring at, then there she was. The baby girl that we would be protecting. Brooke held her in the air, tears filling her eyes.

"She's beautiful." I breathed.

"Lets take her home." Brooke smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*