Part Seven

No A/N

S5E7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight was a party at Tric and it was one that would be remembered. Mia was going to open for the main event, so obviously she was nervous. However, before we could begin... Brooke insisted on shots.

"This is the first time we are all together again, both the old gang and the new... so, here's to getting everything that we want." Brooke said, downing her shot.

We all followed and gagged after drinking. It was by far the nastiest thing I had ever tasted. "Uh, baby I love you but what the hell is this?" I asked.

"It's Brooke Davis! Owen named it after me, right?" Brooke joked.

"Actually, you named it that!" Owen said and walked away.

"Well, I do love Brooke Davis... in all of her forms, I guess?" I laughed.

Later on in the night, I had noticed Peyton sitting alone and looking rather sad so I joined her. "What's got P. Sawyer looking so down?"

"Toby... how did you ever get Brooke back? Like, why didn't you give up on her?" Peyton asked, getting right to the point.

"Well, as cliche as it sounds... I knew I wanted her. Peyton, I know you're hurting over the Lucas thing but... He'll come back to you. I know it, and so does everyone else." I smiled, giving her a pat on the shoulder as I headed back to the bar.

I glanced in the crowd and saw someone dancing... Victoria. She was awful! I made my way to Brooke at the bar, "Hey, you know your mother is here?"

"Yes," She pouted, "Please tell me I don't look like her when I dance."

"Not a chance." I smiled, receiving a quick kiss as she went over to Peyton.

I remained at the bar, alone, taking drinks at a good pace. Moments later Brooke had joined as well, "Oh no, the drinks are coming out... what's on your mind?" she asked.

"Lucas and Peyton... they were destined for each other and now look at them. They can't have a conversation without biting each other's face off." I started, and she stopped me by placing a hand on my arm.

"It's heartbreaking... I know. But I also know what you are thinking and that won't be us... not again, okay?" She said, placing a kiss on my cheek.

That's when Peyton came over and out of the blue she blurted, "I came back for Lucas..."

Brooke and I exchanged a glance, "Duh!"

"Why did you come back then? And don't say for me." Peyton asked.

Brooke replied by smiling at me. I returned that smile and wrapped an arm around her. That's when Mia took the stage and was getting bullied from someone in the crowd. Jason.

"Choke!" He shouted.

Then, out of nowhere, she started performing with such passion and emotion like I had never seen from her before. Jason's devilish smirk fell. I smirked and then Brooke dragged me out to the dance floor to join the others. Mia finished her song and looked right at me for some reason, and then Brooke shared a grin with her.

"Brooke... what's going on?" I said, picking up on some type of plan.

"Oh nothing." She replied, and again showing off her dimple.

"Now, I know I was supposed to be the opening act here... But we have a special treat tonight! 2 opening acts!" Mia started, and then smiled at me, "Everyone give it up for Toby James!"

The crowd erupted into cheers and Haley made her way over... pushing me up onto the stage and shoving my guitar into my arms. "Let's hear it little brother." she smiled.

I cleared my throat, "Well, I was totally not prepared for this, but uh... this song I wrote is for a special girl. We were kind of in a rough spot when I wrote this, but we're okay now. She's here tonight... I love you."

Tobin performs (Acoustic 'This Town' by Niall Horan) and my eyes never left Brooke's. I saw her eyes fill with tears and I couldn't help but smile the more I sang. When it ended, I didn't bow or say thank you... I walked straight to Brooke and gave her a long kiss.

"I am so in love with you..." she breathed.

"So am I..." I said, kneeling down, "That's why I want you to marry me, Brooke Davis."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xD

till next time!

*kelsey*

PS: ALL RIGHTS FOR THE SONG GO TO NIAL AND HIS CREW.