Chapter 34

A/N: Now things get more interesting!! YAY!

S4E15&E16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the morning with Haley over everyone else. Nathan had spent the entire night helping me get stuff into my room since Haley had locked her self away in their room, refusing to talk to him.

"Listen, about the whole sex tape thing... It meant nothing. You need to know that, Tobin. That feels like so long ago and both of those people in that video have changed." Nathan said.

"Nate, I know... You don't need to apologize. But you also need to understand that it is obviously gonna hurt us in some way. Mostly from learning by a video instead of you telling us. I'm okay... really." I insured him as Haley walked in.

"Yeah, hurt is probably an understatement don't ya think? Anyway, I get to go decorate for prom now... with Brooke." she said.

***

Once Nathan and I finished my room, I chose to go see Brooke at prom. Peyton was the first to approach with Brooke right behind her.

"Good luck with your cheating girlfriend." Peyton snapped, walking away.

Brooke and I finally made eye contact and you could already see how sorry she was. But, again, I felt pain start to build up inside of me. I didn't want this to hurt me... the Brooke I love isn't that girl from the video. So, without a word I turned and walked away but I only made it to the door before turning around.

"Brooke..." I spoke, getting her attention before she turned away, "I don't want to avoid this."

"All I can say is that I am so sorry... I was super drunk and he was there and I just, I am so sorry." she cried.

I shook my head, "Brooke, I won't lie and say that the video didn't hurt me... because it did. But, at the same time that was who you used to be. That was who you were, and I don't care about your past self Brooke. The only Brooke that I care about is that one I am looking at right now, the one that snorts when she REALLY laughs..." She smirked, "And the one that I love." I finished.

She bolted into my arms and held on tighter than she ever has. "I love you too, Tobin."

I smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I'll see you later, okay? I know you'll be beautiful... Plus, I hear your date is going to look REALLY good too."

***

I sat with Haley when Deb walked in and went into detail about Nathan since Haley entered his life. "He's a better man now. His alcoholic mother and angry father aren't the ones who did that... You did that, Haley. No, he isn't perfect and he has made mistakes. But since you? He's the best man." She smiled, and walked away.

Haley sighed, "What did you say to Brooke when you saw her?"

"Well, I told her the truth. Yeah what the video revealed hurt but... That Brooke isn't here anymore. I care about the Brooke I have now."

"Stop being so wise." She smirked, "Alright, I guess we should get ready for this prom shindig huh? Help me?"

I nodded and I helped her into the room. She caught me off guard when she removed her boot. "Haley, wait what're you doing?"

"I can dance tonight! Without a giant boot on my foot!" she smiled, doing a little twirl.

I smiled and we took each other into a hug, and of course she had to help me with my tie. "When are you ever gonna learn how to do this?" she joked.

"I don't need to know how! I've got you."

She gave me a light smack on the arm and we headed downstairs and I gave her to Nathan. After my goodbyes/see ya later, I left.

***

The moment Brooke came into the gym she took my breath away and my mouth gaped.

"Better shut that... You'll catch flies!" She smiled, taking my arm.

"You look amazing! As predicted." I smiled, directing her further into the gym.

We stood below the black light and something caught my eye. Brooke's dress read "whore" across her abdomen and she looked at me.

"She cares! Peyton cares!" she cheered, then went into the bathroom to clean it off.

I noticed Lucas sitting alone so I obviously went to check on him. "Where's Peyton at?"

He shrugged, "She didn't answer the door."

Brooke then came back and asked the same. "I'm here alone... and hey, I am sorry about the dress."

"It's okay... I scrubbed most of it off in the bathroom. Now it just says 'ho'." She smirked and motioned for me to follow her.

We found Mouth and she asked him for his keys, saying that it 'was personal'. We walked away from him and I gave her a confused look.

"We're going to get Peyton." Brooke said.

***

We arrived at Peyton's and Brooke stopped me when I went to get out.

"Just let me go in solo first, okay?"

I nodded and gave her a quick kiss before she headed to the door. Peyton wasn't answering so she went into the back where I assumed she would find a way in. I chose to play a game on my phone to pass the time.

I didn't know how much time had passed when I heard music blaring from the house. I assumed they were just being themselves... loud music wasn't abnormal for Peyton. However, as the time passed I got more worried that maybe they were fighting or something. I got out of my car and headed to the back door. Luckily, Brooke had left it unlocked so I could easily get in.

I hear the girls scream and a lot of banging coming from upstairs so I ran in the direction. The moment I got there, Derek came tumbling down and then stopped... motionless.

"Be careful... they always lunge." Brooke said with a shaky voice.

As if on queue, Derek did just that. However, before he could do anymore damage I knocked him out.

"I'll go call 911." Brooke cried, gluing herself to my body.

"Wait..." Peyton said, "Just give me 5 minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

till next time!

*kelsey*