Chapter 30

A/N: Hello my lovely readers!

Still looking for a new, and more fitting, name to change for Connor... LMK!

S4E11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haley had forced me to go to school today but made me a deal that I could join her and Nathan for lunch. I couldn't help it, but I found myself walking around sad... Mostly because of Haley but for more than that too. Graduation would be here before we knew it and I had no idea on what I wanted to do! A hand slid into mine that took my attention away from the issue.

"I feel as though I can walk you to class today being as you have always been the strong one for others... so let me help you now!" Brooke chirped with a smile.

Once we got to our class she had given me a quick kiss before entering. I wasn't sure if it goes without saying... but I wasn't entirely sure if we were 'exclusive' or not. I guess that would have to be asked later, that is if I can make it through this Calculus quiz.

***

I met up with Nathan and Haley at their place, and entering the room was rather sad. Seeing her this way was really difficult, but once she spoke it got worse.

"I'm thinking about reaching out to Donte's family..." She started, Nate and I shared quick glances. "That was the name of the man who hit me. But I can't get over that even though he seemed to be a bad guy... He was someone's child, and he had loved ones. I just want them to know I'm not angry." she finished.

I sighed and what happened next I was not expecting at all. Nathan confessed... and by that I mean he told her everything. How he had borrowed money, paying them back was supposed to end after he shaved points in the semi final game, the state championship, and then Donte being beaten.

"It was me, Haley... It wasn't Dan." Nathan said straight faced.

I felt Haley's hand tighten on my arm, "So, you're saying that my accident wasn't really an accident... But it was some sort of revenge?"

Nathan nodded and looked down. Haley turned into my chest and held me close. I gave Nathan an apologetic look as he left. After parting from our hug, she finally spoke.

"Can you take me to Karen's? I can't be here right now..."

***

After school Brooke was out with Rachel so I chose to spend more time with Haley. We laid in Lucas' bed as Peyton was drawing on Haley's cast. We then learned that ever since Lucas had collapsed, she has been pushing him a way.

"The last time we kissed he had a heart attack..." Peyton said. "And all of the others leave... Derek, Ellie, Jake, my mom... even my dad is 5,000 miles away."

"Peyton I think you're forgetting a really important factor in the situation..." I said, smiling along side Haley.

"None of them are Lucas." Haley finished.

By the time Peyton had gone, Lucas and Mouth showed up. Mouth told us about his breakup and how he feels that they could make the long distance work. Then, of course, Lucas and Haley went back and forth for a bit on the pros and cons of long distance dating.

"Alright, you know what..." I started, "Listen, Mouth. If you truly like this girl, then all there is for you to do is show her."

***

I arrived home after, hoping to get some sleep for once since the accident. Brooke walked in holding a clean teen shirt.

"Didn't you call these girls the 'mean teens?'" I asked with a laugh.

"Oh shush!" She smiled giving me a swat on the arm.

"Guess nothing exciting will be happening tonight." I smirked, giving her a wink.

"Haha, so funny aren't you." she stuck her tongue out.

I just smiled and shook my head, taking her into my arms. "Actually, there is something exciting that might happen tonight. Just... It will have to be done with clothes on." I joked.

She rolled her eyes, "Alright, Mr. Comedian... what's the exciting stuff."

"Be with me... I mean, exclusively." I said, looking into her eyes. "I love you, Brooke Davis. I know you haven't said it and that's okay... Because I understand. Your heart has to trust me, I know. But, I love you... and with everything that happened to Haley, I just got to thinking about what if that was you? I don't wanna waste anymore time not having you as mine... So? What do you say?" I breathed.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and placed a kiss on my jawline, "I say yes...boyfriend." she smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*