Chapter 15

Skipping the A/N again!!

Season 3 Episode 18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend, Rachel had planned a trip for us at her dad's cabin. I was currently in the car with her, and her friend Bevin. We were on our way to Lucas' house to get the rest of them.

"What's up, party people." Rachel smiled, pulling up next to them.

"Skills, you know it's only for the weekend right? And it's in a cabin..." I said, noticing him trying to shove his huge luggage into the back of Nathan's car.

"Yeah, but I gotta be prepared dawg... you never know."

We all laughed, shaking our heads at him.

"Pete's gunna meet us out there." Peyton said, referring to the bass player from Fallout Boy.

I loved Peyton, but a part of me definitely didn't believe he was going to show up at all. Without anymore words, we drove off to the cabin.

***

Now, I knew her dad had money but I had no idea that the cabin was going to be this nice.

"Now, there are five bedrooms so go take your pick. Just stay clear of the masters, that one is reserved." She smirked, winking at me.

I put my hands up in surrender, "Don't gotta tell me twice." I laughed, walking over to her.

We headed up to our room and got everything situated.

"Hey, Toby, we're all going around on the ATV's... you in?" Nathan offered.

"Uhm, absolutely not. He's still healing... so he's going to go sit in the hot tub to relax." Haley answered, before I could even THINK of an answer.

I didn't argue, I went and took my place in the hot tub. I was going to read Brooke's letter finally, but she ended up joining.

"Hey. "she started, giving a half smile. "I wanted to talk to you about Rachel... why are you with her... especially if you--"

"If I love you?" I interrupted, getting a slight nod out of her. "She's not as awful as you think, Brooke. She made me laugh for the first time since the shooting... If I could be happy, why not ya know? Plus, you have Lucas so it isn't like you love me back." I said, standing up.

I saw her starring... She was looking at where I was shot. "I visited you, ya know?" she admitted. "I was afraid that something would happen to you... I was there all night, Tobin. You were sleeping and you obviously didn't hear me but, I was there. I do love you."

I gave her a soft smile, "I know you were there. I know you love me too, but that wasn't what I meant." Getting out of the hot tub.

***

Tonight, we went to some club. Before we left, I had taken a double dose of my pain medication. Probably wasn't smart, but the doctor said as long as I don't go over 3 at once I would be okay...

I sat at a table alone, until Lucas joined.

"Luke, if you're here to hound me about Brooke I really don't wanna get into it alright? It's over, nothing happened and nothing will happen." I said, looking at him.

"Well, I appreciate that but I just wanted to see how you were feeling? Is this too much for you or are you good?"

I nodded, "Actually... I have never been better." I smiled, seeing Rachel make her way over to us.

"You're gunna dance with me now, right?"

"Of course." I said, giving Lucas a farewell grin. He later joined with Brooke.

I didn't make a big deal out of it, but I caught Brooke starring a few times while Rachel and I danced. I just shook it off... I needed to.

***

In the morning, I walked into the kitchen and saw Pete cooking breakfast for everyone. My mouth gaped open.

"Might wanna close that, you'll catch flies!" Brooke joked.

I laughed, being greeted by Rachel giving me a kiss. "I hope you join me in the shower."

I just nodded and followed behind her, giving Lucas a good morning nudge as I walked by. In the shower, she did it again. Tracing my scar over and over again before looking at me, "I'm sorry."

I shook my head, placing a hand on her cheek, "Don't apologize for caring, Rachel." I said, kissing her softly.

***

After dinner, I sat outside strumming another song on my guitar (Mercy Cover by Sanches). For some reason, I got emotional while playing. Obviously, it was about finally letting Brooke go, and it must have hit me because I don't want to... I could never. I stopped, and took a deep breath. I heard footsteps behind me, and knew it was Haley.

"We all are sitting in the living room together but you are out here, you okay?" she asked, taking a seat next to me.

I nodded, with my jaw clenched, "I am now... I just gotta figure stuff out more."

She walked with me inside, and I took a seat next to Rachel as she handed me a glass.

"Let's play a game! How about 'I never'" Bevin said, but Peyton rejected.

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun. I've never gone gold." She said, looking towards Pete.

We all laughed, and allowed Pete to return it.

"Okay, that was lame." Rachel said.

"Rachel... come on..." I whispered.

"Okay, that was rude!" Brooke retorted.

"Fine. I've never been caught Brooking myself in the bathroom." she smirked, looking over at Brooke.

It didn't take us long to figure out what she meant by that... and we all laughed, and became shocked when Bevin took a drink.

"What? I Brooke myself ALL the time." she smiled.

I laughed to myself. We were all getting along, for the most part. Rachel and Brooke always went back and forth, but that was normal unfortunately. Hopefully things would be different now.

***

The next morning, we were all standing outside waiting to leave the cabin.

"Brooke, come on!" Lucas shouted.

She galloped out, with a sly smile on her face. I would have been more concerned but Rachel pulled me towards her and kissed me passionately.

"Thank you for this weekend. I think it helped a lot of people." I said, smiling at her.

With that, we all piled back into our cars and headed home... We had to go back to school tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N here!!!

till next time!

*kelsey*

P.S. Full credit for the song go to Shawn for writing it and all his crew members!!!