Chapter 24

A/N: ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER I AM SO SORRY!

S4E5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing I did in the morning was storm over to Haley's. I walked right in and slammed the door behind me.

"Toby... hey." she smiled.

"Got something you wanna tell me, Haley?" I said, clenching my jaw.

She looked down and took a breath before looking back at me, "I'm pregnant... Nathan already stormed out. I can't take that from you so please don't go..." she cried.

I sighed, taking her into a long and tight hug, "You've got me, Hales. Okay? I didn't wanna be mad it just... I thought you could tell me anything."

***

Later in the day, I met up with Nathan at the River Court some one on one stuff. However, I found it hard to do so knowing he had walked out on Haley.

"Look man, Duke called and they gave me a full scholarship. It's my dream." he defended.

I shook my head and threw my arms in the air, "What about your wife, Nate? Or your baby?"

"There's a press conference tonight. I won't feel sorry for this. Are you going there or not?"

"I'm sorry Nate... It's great you're getting a dream, but you're losing another at the same time." I said, referring to Haley, "I'm supporting her. I won't be there." I said, turning to leave.

"Well, are you the other James trying to wreck my son's life?" Dan said through an evil smile. I shook my head and went on my way.

***

By the time the press conference was going to start, I had taken Haley to Karen's so we could all watch it together.

"Welcome to my history, Haley James-Scott." Karen said.

We took our spots on the couch and Haley snuggled so close to me that you couldn't fit a hair between us. The conference went on and Nathan talked about it being his dream to go to Duke and how happy he was... but then he stopped.

"My dad said that today would be the greatest day of my life, which it is. But it isn't from a scholarship. You see, today I learned that my wife Haley is pregnant. So, where and when I play basketball, if I play basketball... It's no longer a decision I can make on my own. It's a decision we will make with my family's best interest at heart." He said, smiling. "My wife couldn't be here tonight so I just wanted to say this to her... Haley, whatever happens we will face it together. Everything is going to be okay and I have never been happier. I love you." He finished and stepped away from the podium.

"I love you too..." Haley whispered with tears filling her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xD

till next time!

*kelsey*