Part 10

A/N:

Again, this part is kinda me re-creating some parts, and adding stuff!

S5E10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is it true!?" I screamed, slamming open my mother's door, "Did Carter want me and you didn't?"

"Tobin, why would you say that? Did he reach out to you?" She asked concerned, avoiding the question.

"He said he had proof but I should save our time and just ask you... is it true."

Before she answered, Brooke slowly made her way inside. "I'm sorry, I just needed to know you were okay." She said, taking a hold of my arm.

"Who is this?" Olivia asked.

"This is Brooke... she's my fiance." I said, "Why are you avoiding the question?"

She just sat back down in her chair, "I'm sorry..."

My heart dropped, "So, it's true... you lied. About everything." I clenched my jaw and felt Brooke grip onto me tighter. "Ya know what, now you don't have me as a son. Don't contact me... and when I marry this woman? You will NOT be there." I said, leading Brooke out the door.

"Toby, hey, come on slow down. Look at me!" She said, placing her hands on my cheeks. "I have an idea. Let's just get away for a bit, okay? Come to New York with me and then we can experience how crazy it would be together out there."

I don't know how she managed to do it, but I smiled. I pulled her into a hug and stayed there. "A day with you sounds perfect." I said.

***

"Now, this apartment was more of a get away type place." Brooke smirked, opening the door.

The apartment was trashed. The TV was on, there was trash everywhere. Alcohol and drugs littered the tables.

"Someone's here..." Brooke said, stepping back.

"Stay back Brooke..." I said, pushing her behind me as I entered the room. The bedroom was all clear so I entered and saw someone on the ground face down. I rushed to their aid and the moment I flipped her over I knew who she was.

"Oh my god..." Brooke cried.

"Rachel..." I said, trying to shake her awake. "Rachel, come on, wake up!"

That's when I noticed her arm... she had over dosed. "Brooke, go start a cold shower. Now!"

I carried Rachel into the bathroom and held her under the cold water.

"Come on Rachel, come on babe." I screamed.

***

Rachel was now sleeping in bed and I shut the bedroom door as I joined Brooke in the living room.

"Is she gonna be okay..."

"She'll live, yeah. Will she be okay? I don't know... she can't keep doing this." I sighed, taking a spot next to her. "Can start by getting rid of all the needles and stuff... but not in the trash."

"Why?" she questioned.

"That'll be the first place she'll look."

We paused when someone knocked on the door. Brooke jumped up, scared.

"Brooke, go into the bedroom and lock the door. Do NOT come out until I come get you."

She nodded and went inside. I opened the door and grabbed the guy buy his collar and threw him against the wall.

"What the hell man! I didn't do anything to you!"

"Yeah, but you sure as hell did something to my friend!" I shouted, punching him in the face and then the gut.

I threw him back outside but he didn't leave. "That bitch owes me a lot of money!"

"Consider it paid!" I said, throwing money at him and closing the door.

"Toby, who was that." Brooke said.

"No one that's gonna come back." I assured.

"You're bleeding..." she said, looking down at my torso.

***

"It's just a cut, Brooke, nothing serious." I said as I watched her clean out the cut.

"How'd you know what to do with Rachel?" she asked, looking up at me.

"Experience, I guess." I sighed.

"How?"

"My mom... Olivia... Had another son. His name was Jackson, he's younger... Well, 2 years ago this happened to him. I found him when I went over to visit him." I answered, feeling a pain in my heart as I flash backed to that day.

"Did he make it?" Brooke hesitated.

I nodded, "Yeah, he's alive. We took him to a facility and that's where he is now... That's what Rachel will need. That and us to help her through it."

She nodded and took me into a tight hug.

"We're gonna get her through this." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*