Chapter 26

A/N: Hey!!!

So, I know the last few were rather short... but good news! These next few are going to be longer than those were and hopefully more fun filled!(:

Also, still in search of a new name for 'Connor'!!! Help a girl out guys!!

S4E7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning I met up with Nathan, Lucas, and Skills for a pre-game workout. We ended up talking more than we did shooting around.

"So, how is the whole thing with you and Brooke?" Lucas asked.

I sighed and shook my head, "I don't know... I guess she forgot to love me back." I took a shot and turned back to Luke, "How's Peyton doing?"

He shrugged, "Honestly, I don't know. She's been missing school and now that the REAL Derek is in town and she's finally opening up to him. He's really tough on her but, I don't know, maybe that's exactly what she needs right now."

I nodded and Nathan vanished to go talk to a couple of guys in a black car.

"Who are those guys anyway?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. But whatever they want with Nate can't be good." Skills replied.

***

The school day turned interesting when Rachel was flashing around her magazine cover. Obviously, all of the boys went crazy.

"Alright, class, that's enough. Settle down." Mr. Chaves said as he entered the room.

"Oh, come on Mr. Chaves... I thought you liked high school girls?" Rachel smirked.

"Please see me after class."

Rachel smiled and sent a wink in my direction. I was totally confused on what just happened. I chose to ignore it though because tonight was the Semi-Finals.

***

We started off strong. Nathan was taking it inside every possession and if he wasn't than the rest of us shot it from behind the arc. Suddenly, Nathan started playing like crap... He would turn over the ball or he would just straight up miss his shots.

Halftime came around and when we came back out I noticed that Nathan and Lucas had stayed back in the locker room. I returned to the locker room and joined them, only to receive 'the look' from them both. That's when I learned that Nathan had borrowed some money and we had to win by less than 10 points.

We took the court again and we were up by only 9 points when they took Nathan out. Obviously, he didn't want to be taken out because he wanted to ensure that the lead would stay at 9 but Whitey chose his player's safety. Lucas was put into the game for Nathan.

They passed the ball to Lucas and was fouled, sending him to the free throw line. He made eye contact with Nathan and then with me. He was going to miss the shots. So, he did. Lucas didn't make either of the two shots, but the crowd didn't care. They boomed with cheers and laughter because for the first time in 18 years, the Tree Hill Ravens were headed to the state championship.

***

After the game I saw Mouth cleaning up his stuff so I decided to go talk to him.

"Hey Mouth. Just so you know, you are doing a great job with this Ravens Hoops thing you've got going on." I said with a smile.

"Thanks" he smirked, "Actually can I ask you a question?" he asked, waiting for me to nod before continuing, "So, if you had a chance to go out with a super hot model and all of her model friends... or a really nice girl who's cute, who would you choose?"

"Well, I guess I'd like to say that I would choose the girl that's gonna pay attention to me on a date and not other guys or anything like that. The girl that wants just ME, and me alone." I replied, giving him a pat on the back as I walked away.

***

I joined Lucas at the River Court that night. He stood at the line we used for free throws and just kept shooting over and over again. Nathan came to join later on as well.

"I just wanted to say thanks..." Nathan sighed.

"You know I'm always there for you, Nate." Lucas replied and looked at me.

"But never again." I finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: xD

till next time!

*kelsey*