Part 18

No A/N

S5E18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Today marks 8 days left with her..." Brooke sighed, crossing off another day on the calendar.

"At least she made it through surgery though, right?" I smiled.

"Yeah..." Brooke smirked, playing with Angie's feet.

"We should do something... everyday till she's gone." I started, "In order to just forget everything for a few days and just be happy... What do you wanna do today?"

"I'll go get my beach bag!" She winked.

"Hear that, babygirl? Mommy and daddy are gonna..." I stopped, realizing what I had said. I sighed and shook it off. We weren't going to be sad.

"We are ready for the beach!" Brooke cheered, coming out in her suit.

I just stared... she knew it and I knew it, but that didn't stop me from looking.

"Uh, earth to Toby? Are you gonna go get ready or what?" she teased.

I shook it off and tried to hide my smirk, "Mhmm!"

Her phone started ringing and she let out a laugh as she answered the call. Her smile slowly faded and by the time she hung up it was completely gone.

"They want her to go home today..." She said, looking from Angie to me, "That can't happen."

***

"I see the problem here..." The doctor said.

"Wait... what problem?" I asked.

He shook his head with a smile, "You both have an incredibly cute baby here and you don't want her to go. But, she's healthy and is ready to go!"

"But, it seems rather soon... don't you think?" I said.

"No, it's actually normal with these types of surgeries. I've said this before, and I will again... you two did a great thing here, be proud! She has to go home though... today."

***

"We love you, little girl." Brooke cried as we stood in the airport.

"Don't forget us, okay?" I said, getting teary when she smiled.

That's when the ladies who had dropped her off, arrived to take her away again. We watched them walk away for a bit and then Brooke turned right into my chest and let it all out.

"She's gone, Toby... she's gone." she cried, trembling.

"I know, baby, I know." I sighed, rubbing her back, "Come on, we gotta get home for when they call us."

***

We made it back home and Brooke had just now sat down after pacing back and forth.

"Brooke..." I started, getting her attention, "You always save everyone... You saved me, Angie, Luke, even Haley... who gets to save you?" I said.

"That's what you get to do now... for the rest of your life." She said, showing off a small smile.

I smiled back, "That is totally okay with me."

We shared a kiss and I continued to strum random notes on my guitar waiting for that phone to ring.

"Toby..." Brooke said, breaking the silence, "I wanna marry you."

I let out a laugh, "Well, that's what an engagement means."

"No, I mean soon... like now." she said.

Then, the phone rang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Sorry! I know it is short... but the next 2 updates should be really big and cliff hanger-ish!!!

xD

till next time!

*kelsey*