Part 31

No A/N

S6E14&15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's been days! Why can't the press just lay off..." Brooke scoffed, holding up yet another magazine about the attack.

"It's just how they work, babe... people love a good story so just have to deal with it." I replied, flipping through the magazine.

She sighed, "So I should be happy that my attacker was also Quentin's killer? Maybe if I had reported it." She snapped, snatching the magazine from my hands.

"Brooke," I sighed, taking her hands, "He was in a mask... even if you had reported it would have had the same ending."

"I know... it's just sad." She said, squeezing my hands and then changing the subject. "Are you gonna be home later?"

"I planned on it, why?"

"I just... I have all these different costume ideas for Luke's movie but I wanted someone else to look, so I can get a second opinion."

"Sounds like a date!" Sam chirped, which caused an eye roll from me. "A date between his man parts and your lady business."

"Samantha!" Brooke shouted.

"Mmm, I hope so!" I laughed.

"Tobin!" Brooke shouted, again. "Just, go do whatever it is you're doing."

"Yes ma'am!" I smiled, giving her a kiss before heading out.

***

I walked up to the front door slowly, knocking three times after I took a breath. I had to stay calm if I was going to get any answers from her.

"Tobin, good to see you! Please, come in." She smiled.

I nodded and walked in, "I just needed to know why you thought it was a good idea to show up at my wedding, Olivia... Especially after lying for so long."

"I just needed to see you, even if it was the last time." she smirked.

"I don't understand why... there's nothing more to say. I don't want any type of relationship with you... We're done, okay?" I sighed, raising from my seat.

"Dude, just lay off..." A voice scoffed.

I turned to see Jackson standing there, arms crossed. "Why are you here?"

"She's our mom, Toby... whether or not you like it. She's all we have now."

I shook my head, "No... I have my family left." I said, leaving them alone and going back home.

***

I stood outside my front door, nervous to enter. That's normal... right? I mean, if this WAS in fact a date I had to be prepared! I brushed my fingers through my hair and took a deep breath as I entered... and I wish I hadn't. Julian leaned in to kiss Brooke and I immediately had anger flowing in my veins. Before I could react, Brooke pushed him off and slapped him across the face.

"What the hell?" I said, grabbing him by the collar, "That's MY wife." I snapped, sending a fist to his eye before I threw him out.

"Toby..." Brooke sighed, "You need to know that I didn't want that, okay? I didn-" She started, but I stopped her.

I walked up to her and embraced her into a hug, "I know, Brooke... I know. Are you okay?"

She nodded and hugged me even tighter. Our moment was interrupted when I got a phone call from, Nathan?