Part 21

A/N: This will be short... I apologize!!!

S6E4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood at the River Court alone, just taking random shots like I used to. Nathan showed later, taking one of my rebounds.

"Still in the dog house, huh?" he asked, passing me the ball.

"Yup," I sighed, taking another shot and missing, "No fiance... no donor... what's the point in this anymore, man?"

"Well, lets see, there's Haley for one... she loves you more than life itself. There's Jamie, who would be crushed if anything ever happened to you. Hell, even me! That's the point in all of this." Nate snapped.

"It's all just so... lonely, Nate. And I know I have you guys and I could never repay you for everything you have done to help me... but I miss her, man. I look at this family that you have and I want it all... with her." I sighed.

"So, go get her! It worked out for Lucas and Peyton." he smirked.

I shook my head and took another shot.

***

I joined Haley and Jamie at Brooke's, looking around at the mannequins with Jamie.

"I found your shoplifter!" Haley said to Brooke.

"Knew that culprit went to Tree Hill High." Brooke stated.

I gave Jamie a look, motioning for him to look under the skirt.

"James Lucas Scott, step away from the mannequin before I pluck your eyes out!" Haley yelled.

I laughed as he ran at me and I flung him over my shoulder and joined the girls at the counter.

"Kinda bitchy... but you sounded like a good mom." Brooke smirked, showing off that signature dimple.

Haley laughed, "You okay?" she asked as I sat with Jamie beside Brooke.

"Just wish I had a family like yours..." Brooke sighed.

"You do," I said, getting her attention, "You're Aunt Brooke."

"That means you ARE family." Jamie smiled, sending me a wink.

***

Haley and I were making dinner when Jamie joined us in the kitchen.

"I like having Uncle Toby here." He said with a smile, "But, I know he's sad. So I am sad too."

"Well, thanks buddy... but I'm getting better!" I smiled.

"I love having him here too, even though that means him and Aunt Brooke are still rough..." Haley started, stepping towards me, "Gives us more of that brother-sister time we have been lacking on."

"Which makes momma happy!" Jamie cheered.

I laughed at him and looked back at Haley, "Thank you for letting me stay, Hales." I said, feeling a slight pain in my chest as the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" Nathan shouted from the other room.

"I am so happy to be finally getting time for us again, I missed it." Haley said.

I nodded, "Me... Too..." I stuttered, falling to the ground and gasping for air.

"Jamie, go get your father!" Haley shouted, and Jamie bolted. "Tobin... come on."

Just as my vision was becoming spotted and blurring, I turned my head to see Nathan run to me... with Brooke right behind him.

Not long after, everything in my world went dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*