Part Six

A/N:

So, since I was awall on you guys for a day... I have 2 more chapters(including this one) that I plan to publish today!(:

S5E6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I returned from my morning run to see Brooke in the kitchen. I couldn't help but smile at the view. It was as though we all were a little family. Peyton included, she was like the rebel child!

"Well, I could really get used to this!" I smiled, leaning over the counter for a kiss.

"Good, I want you to!" She smiled, handing me a cup of coffee.

"Where's the missing member of our family?"

"Peyton? She's taking a trip down memory lane and visiting her old house."

I bit my lip, "So... we have this house to ourselves.

"I guess so..." She said, showing off her dimple.

"Too bad I have to shower then, huh?" I winked, heading to the bathroom.

"Oh, NO! You don't have to!" She shouted, chasing after me.

***

I walked through Lucas' door to seem him camped behind his computer screen.

"Dang, you've been on a roll lately!" I said.

He replied with a smile, "Yeah... I haven't been this expired since my first book."

"That's great Luke... How does Lindsay feel about that?" I laughed.

"She's happy, as my editor... but hey, can you keep a secret?"

I took a seat, "I love secrets!"

He got up and reached into one of his drawers which held a small ring. I wasn't an idiot, I knew what was inside.

"Lucas, I am flattered... But I have to decline." I joked.

He rolled his eyes, "ha-ha... But really, I have been thinking about proposing to Lindsay."

"That's awesome, man! To be honest, I have been thinking that way with Brooke too..." I admitted, sending a smile to the ground.

"Really? Going good I take it."

"I love her, Luke... nothing else to it."

He was about to reply when Lindsay stormed in and plopped down onto the bed.

"Peyton is a bitch!"

My eyes widened, "Now, I'll leave you 2 alone!" I laughed, leaving his house.

***

I was asked to join Brooke at a meal with Victoria. I think I was really there to support Brooke, plus I got to annoy Victoria by being there so why not?

"You need to leave Peyton alone, mother. You really upset her and she's doing something amazing." Brooke said.

Victoria then went on with complaining and wouldn't stop talking. "I have to stay in a room with girls who are size 4's and not 0's!"

"Brooke is a size 4." I snapped with no hesitation. "And she could easily show up those models... She's beautiful enough."

I noticed Brooke smirk and Victoria roll her eyes, "Yes... but Brooke is far too talented to waste her time as a model. I'll bite my tongue more often... but not when I think you're making a mistake." Victoria finished.

"She has yet to make a mistake." I replied.

***

I worked the bar at Tric that night, and was joined by Peyton, Brooke, and Milly.

"Well, P. Sawyer, I think you have it made! A stocked bar within in walking distance of your office! Plus, the bartender is pretty cute too." Brooke said, sending me a wink.

"Well, considering I hired another guy to work back here... who are you talking about?" I teased.

"Him... obviously!" she laughed.

I rolled my eyes and then a group of girls kept asking for Brooke's autograph.

"How about you, Tobes. When are you getting an autograph?" Milly joked.

"I get more than just an autograph!" I scoffed, sharing a wink.

"Okay! Time for us to go home!" Brooke laughed, collecting her things.

"See, I told ya... more than an autograph." I smiled, before heading out.

***

Brooke had fallen asleep so I decided to let her. I cleaned up a few things around the house and then she woke up and was heading out.

"Babe? Do you know what time it is? Where ya headed?" I said.

"I need to talk to Victoria." She said with a smile.

"Alright, don't be too long okay? I gotta have you in there with me." I smiled, giving her a kiss before she headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*