Part 30

No A/N

S6E13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brooke pulled the car off to the side to talk to the cop that was nearby. They bickered for awhile and the cop refused to help us. 

"If she's still missing tomorrow, come down to the station." He said.

Brooke rolled her eyes and came back to the car, "Protect and serve my ass!"

We made our way to Peyton's studio, in order to get more help. Obviously, Peyton was unaware of the situation so she was all smiles and jokes when we entered.

"Finally come to start that record!" Peyton smirked at me.

"Peyton..." I sighed with obvious pain in my voice.

"Sam is gone." Brooke finished.

We made our way back outside and Peyton was now driving around with us. Brooke was so upset and somewhere else that her driving was terrifying.

"Brooke, I know you're upset... but I am car sick. We're gonna find her, okay?" Peyton sighed.

"I should have said more... Told her I loved her or just something!" Brooke scoffed.

"Brooke, she knows... don't start that! You BOTH are amazing parents, okay?" Peyton assured.

"I'll believe that when she's back home." I sighed, "Has anyone tried reaching out to that Jack kid?"

Brooke and Peyton looked at each other, "Of course!" Brooke said, throwing her hands in the air, "I'm a stupid mom..."

"Haley is a teacher... I bet she has his address!" Peyton said.

--With Haley--

"This is the last address for Jack that I have... I hope it helps." Haley sighed, handing Brooke a paper.

"Guys, we should get going." Peyton said, grabbing her jacket.

Brooke looked at me before replying, "Actually, I think we should do this alone... so we don't look like over-bearing parents. We'll call you guys after, thank you." 

***

We sat inside with Jack's brother... and to be honest, I was totally creeped out. Brooke was too, judging by how close to me she was sitting.

"It's just us..." The guys smirked, "Do you think they're having sex?"

"Uhm.." Brooke started, shifting from discomfort, "No... I don't think so."

"What's wrong with sex?" He said, noticing I clenched my jaw, "Look, he comes and goes... and to be honest, when he is gone, I just look at it as one less mouth to feed... Speaking of mouths, yours is nice." He said, nodding at Brooke.

"Okay..." I snapped up, reaching for Brooke's hand, "We're done here!" I said, heading out the door, "Look... if she shows just tell her to call or come home."

"Have a nice night." He said and shut the door... Brooke immediately froze.

"It's him..." She breathed out and turned to me, "From the store... that's him." She ran to the door and once he opened it she sprayed his eyes and started beating on him.

"Brooke!" I shouted, pulling her off, "You go find our daughter... I'll handle him." 

She nodded and ran throughout the house and I turned my attention back to the guy. I clenched my jaw and went off, beating him over and over again. He managed to get an elbow to my chest which knocked the wind out of me and gave him an advantage, which he took. Last thing I remember was him knocking me over the head with something, causing everything to go dark.

***

I woke up being shook, "Toby..." the voice cried. Sam. "Toby, come on."

I finally came back and Sam helped me up, and I looked up to see Brooke holding a gun to the man's forehead.

"Brooke... baby, come on." I breathed.

"You ain't gonna shoot me." The man scoffed.

"Brooke... please don't!" Sam cried, "I need you, mom."

Brooke slowly lowered the gun and knocked him out, embracing Sam into a hug. I made my way over, placing a kiss on both of their heads as I wrapped my arms around them.

"We're okay..." Brooke cried, "We're okay."

Later, the police had arrived and taken the guy away. I felt that we no longer needed to be here so I walked to my girls, "Come on... Lets go home."

They nodded and rose up slowly from their seats, being cut of by a police officer's conversation.

"Look what I found... It's Quentin Fields' wallet."

"Oh my god..." Brooke sighed, "He killed Quentin."

My jaw clenched as she fell into my chest and cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*