Part 27

No A/N

S6E10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam and I woke up early in the morning in order to surprise Brooke with breakfast.

"This was a really good idea, Sam. I'm impressed." I smiled, setting the table up.

"Gotta make up for everything, right?" she smiled and I nodded.

We took our seats and waited. Not long after, Brooke came out of her room but walked straight to the fridge and grabbed a water. She turned towards us slowly and a grin grew across her face.

"What's this?" She asked.

"Well, Sam thought since you always save us that you deserve something special." I replied, pulling out a chair for her.

She raised an eyebrow and took a seat, wasting no time before digging in.

"Is it okay?" Sam asked.

"Yes, it is delicious! But, what do want?" Brooke teased.

"Well..." I joked, getting a push from Brooke.

Before anyone else could say anything, the phone rang and Sam went to go get it.

"Nope!" I said, getting her to sit back down, "Let the machine get it... this is OUR time." I smiled, earning a kiss on the cheek from Brooke.

The machine broke the silence, "Hello, this is Patricia from the adoption agency. We just wanted to talk to you about placement for a newborn... give us a call back!"

We all exchanged glances, but Sam was the first to talk, "Hell, you guys are like the new Angelina and Brad!"

***

I arrived at the show and came across a very nervous Haley.

"What if I forget my lines! Oh my god... what are my lines!" She cried.

"Hales... relax! You are gonna do amazing." I smiled, "Just go back to when it was just you and me." I reassured, this being our first talk since the truth about Carter came out.

"Is there still an us?"

"Hmm, I mean... only if you don't suck tonight." I teased, sending her a wink.

Haley took the stage and I was joined by Brooke shoving her phone in my face.

"Look! We're a proud owner of a happy teen!" She cheered with the biggest smile on her face.

I shook my head, "How about a happy family instead." I smiled, giving her a kiss.

"You're up, baby brother!" Haley said, pushing me towards the stage.

"Go get 'em, baby." Brooke winked.

"Ladies and gentlemen... you don't know him yet but he is about to show you who he is... Tobin James!" Peyton announced, giving me a hug as I took the mic.

"Hey marines!" I smiled, "This is just a little something for all of you that have someone to come home to!"

--Perform 'Tattoos on This Town by Jason Aldean--

I headed off stage and gave Mia a smile as it was her turn to perform. I search for Brooke and finally see her sitting on a couch with someone.

"There's my handsome man!" Brooke smiled, giving me a long kiss.

"Well, thank you!" I said, turning to the man, "Who is this?"

"No one important," Peyton glared, causing him to smirk, "Come on Brooke, we have to go announce the band."

They left and the man rose with an outstretched hand, "I'm Julian." he smiled.

"And I don't care!" I stated, walking away.

I was later stopped by Peyton and Brooke.

"We need to go talk to Sam." Brooke said sternly.

"Why? Is she okay?" I asked.

"She thinks if you get a new baby that her days with you guys are numbered. That voicemail has her scared." Peyton said, heading off.

"Hey, Sam!" I shouted, getting her attention, "Come over here for a sec."

She said her goodbyes to Mia and joined us with a concerned look, "Did I break something else?"

"No," Brooke laughed but then got serious, "We just want you to know that you won't be going anywhere... Even if we get a baby."

"Look, it isn't my home... so, it's okay!"

"Our home is your home now too, Sam. For as long as you want it to be, okay?" I said, taking her under my arm, "You should not be afraid that we will kick you out or replace you... because it won't happen!"

"Okay?" Brooke said.

Sam just shook her head at first, until we gave her a look, "Okay!"

"Now, lets go home." I smiled.

***

We made it home and I joined Brooke at the kitchen counter. She was on the phone with the agency while I was finishing up paper work in order to join the Tree Hill PD. Brooke hung up the phone, and looked sad.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Apparently, since we are fostering Sam it complicates things." She stated with a tint of anger instead of sadness.

"Well... we just gotta figure out something else then." I sighed, taking her hand.

"Yeah... I guess."

I pursed my lips in thought and then the biggest smile came across my face. "Lets get married, Brooke Davis."

She smirked, "We are!"

"Tomorrow." I stated, "Lets forget everything and just be happy for a while."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*