Chapter 11

Again, no A/N!!!!

Season 3 Episode 13

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A rain storm took over Tree Hill tonight, and I found myself at Rachel's.

"Aren't you a hero... Sacrificing yourself just to be with me tonight." She smirked, heading to the mini fridge in her room.

She hands me a beer and decides that it's fitting that we take a picture together. The picture consisted of her kissing me on the cheek, then trying to pull me closer to her afterwards.

"Rachel..." I said, speaking softly, "You should no I have never done anything before. I don't wanna be the guy that just does it... ya know?" I said.

"Well... how sweet. What kind of guy do you wanna be then?" She said, sitting up straight and listening. Which totally took me by surprise.

"I wanna be THE guy. I want her to come to me whenever she's emotional. No secrets, or cheating or any of that. I just want her to choose me, want me, etc." I said, taking a drink. "So, why'd you call me?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Well, you just seem different than all the other guys. I figured maybe since I'm in a new school, I should switch it up." she admitted. Then, the power went out. "So, what's the deal with you, Brooke, and Peyton?"

I sighed, shaking my head, "The one I want, really loves Lucas... so why chase someone when they don't want me. Gotta move on some how..." I replied, taking another drink.

"Does anyone know who it is?"

"No... just me and the time capsule!" I joked.

"Hm. Well, I don't know about you, but I am all talked out." She said, placing her beer on the side table.

"Rachel..." I breathed, then continued, "We do this, then what happens tomorrow at school. Or whenever these lights come back on?"

"I'll be right there... holding your hand, or something. Showing you how to move on." She said, kissing me and pulling me on top of her.

I don't need to go into detail, but I definitely stayed the night there.

***

School the next day went by rather fast, and I was walking a bit taller apparently.

"Who got to you?" Haley teased.

Then in one swift motion, someone was holding my hand. I turned to see Rachel standing there, smiling. "I told you I'd be here." She said, placing a kiss on my cheek before running off to class.

"Okay, when the hell did that happen? Why? How!?" Haley questioned.

"Sometimes you shouldn't ask questions if you don't wanna know the answer, Hales." I winked, then walking off to finish my day.

***

This weekend was the basketball classic, so as we sat on the bus we obviously got a strict talking to from Whitey about curfew and etc. I chose to sat alone, looking through the pamphlets that the counselor had given to me. If I was to join the military, I had it narrowed down between the Marines or the Air Force.

"I've always wanted a man in uniform." Rachel joked, taking a seat next to me.

"You continue to surprise me, you know that?" I breathed out a laugh.

"I try." She laughed, and then returned to the rest of the girls.

***

I sat outside the hotel doors just sitting there thinking. Brooke had gone to New York to show her clothes, and that could be a once in a lifetime thing for her. So, I found myself thinking why was I here and not there supporting her? There was a whole season of basketball to be played, but New York for her may only happen once.

"Penny for you thoughts?" Whitey said, taking a seat next to me.

"I'm honestly kinda torn, Coach." I began, "If you had a friend, who earned a once in a lifetime opportunity, would you be here or there?" I asked, facing him.

He smirked, "Well, basketball doesn't last forever son. If that opportunity really will only happen once, I'd like to say I would be there for my friend." He said, pausing for a moment. "You oughta get up to New York, don't you think?" He said, winking and heading back inside.

Yeah, I definitely needed to.

***

Obviously, this place was huge. I searched through the crowd of designers and models, looking for the one and only Brooke Davis. I finally spotted her and snuck up behind her, shushing the model she was talking to. I covered her eyes with my hands and she froze, "Uhm, who the heck is this!" she laughed, turning around and seeing me standing there with a smile. "Toby!" She leapt into my arms for a tight hug, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I've got a whole season of basketball. You've got this one shot at what you love. It ended up not being that hard of a decision." I smiled, giving her another hug.

"So, that means you'll be joining us tonight, right?" the model said.

"I don't see why not. Being around a lot of models doesn't sound that bad, huh?" I joked, earning a punch in the shoulder by Brooke.

***

All I had to say about this party was "Wow"! They had at least 2 VIP rooms, and the bar didn't card anyone. Another model came over to us asking for a smoke, which obviously we didn't have any to offer her.

Later in the night, Brooke had lost her model and another guy said she was upstairs in the VIP suit. When we got to her, she was definitely drugged because she was so out of it. The guy who had helped us find her later joined, being REALLY creepy and sitting too close to Brooke for my liking. He whispered something in her ear and rubbed her arm gently, causing her to flinch.

That set me off, and within seconds I grabbed him by the collar and slammed him on the ground, and punched his face in a few times. Then, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder and I turned to see Brooke. She was clearly scared.

"Tobin, come on. Just get me out of here." She pleaded.

I punched the guy one more time before leading Brooke away from this place. She started breathing heavy before falling into my arms, holding back tears.

I led her outside and into a cab, where she then called Lucas. He obviously didn't hear the pain in her voice because when she hung up, she laid on my shoulder and began to cry again. I pretended to sleep as she talked to the cab driver about some life decisions she needed to make, meaning to stay here or go back to cheer-leading. Later, we decided to go back. To be teenagers while we still could.

***

I sat in the crowd next to Lucas, where Skills later joined, smelling very different.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas laughed, then sniffing, "And why the hell do you smell like that."

"Vanilla body spray," Skills smirked, "And I pulled the 'I can't swim' on Bevin, you know, to get back for the whole 'Notebook'." he finished.

Luke and I shook our heads, turning our attention back to the girls who were now coming out to perform. Rachel was in front, mostly because Brooke wasn't here to practice with them I assume. But, Peyton then tripped one of the others, causing her to fall over and their routine to be ruined. Without hesitation, Brooke jumped to the front and started doing the robot. I couldn't help but laugh at her.

Lucas motioned for me to follow, and then the whole basketball team was up there dancing away. I noticed Rachel off to the side, pouting so I walked over to her.

"It's okay to have fun, ya know." I said, taking her hand and pulled her into the crowd with me.

She smiled, and we joined the others. Together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: HOW BOUT DAT OMG!!!

haha xD

Gettin heated, arent they(; just wait!

till next time!

*kelsey*