Chapter Nine

A/N: OMG GUYS!!! We're a third of the way to 100 reads! That's some exciting stuff! Well... for me it is xD

Anyways... lets get the show on the road!

Season 3 Episode 11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another game, and another loss for our senior year.

"This is ridiculous!" Whitey shouted, looking at records "Lucas Scott-16 points, Nathan Scott-22 Points, and Tobin James-14 points. Total assists? Two!"

We all changed in silence, there were only a couple of the guys that muttered among themselves. I left quickly because I needed to talk to Peyton, and it wasn't going to be good. However, I was stopped the moment I exited the locker room.

"How bout a little you and me time?" Rachel said, posing in a "sexy" way.

"Sorry, I have somewhere I need to be." I rejected, continuing on my way.

***

Once at Peyton's, I walked right up to her room, noticing Ellie was here which only added fuel to the fire.

"We need to talk." I said sternly, jaw clenched.

Ellie excused herself, feeling the tension in the room. "Toby, what's going on?" Peyton asked.

"I don't know, Peyton. How about you tell me. What happened to wanting to trust and be the go to for someone? You were my go to... Maybe it was my mistake for thinking I could be that guy for you too." I said, slightly raising my voice.

"Tobin... you are that guy. It has been so great having you ba--" She started, but I interrupted.

"Really? How could I be that guy when you basically shoved me out of here, just so you could call Lucas to find Ellie? I didn't even know that was something you wanted. The worst part? I found out from Lucas calling Brooke... not by you calling me, Peyton." I said, pausing to take a breath. My chest was starting to feel tight and I could feel the sweat beads forming on my head.

"Toby, I didn't mean to hurt you. Listen, I just didn't wanna be the reason something happened to you." She pleaded, taking a step to me and placing a hand on my neck. "Toby, you're burning up and sweating like crazy..."

I pushed her hand away, gently, and calmly said "I can't do this Peyton. Lucas is your guy, and you know it. We all do... I can't do this." I then walked past her and left.

***

The next morning was rough. I hadn't gotten much sleep due to everything that had happened with Peyton, but that didn't stop Whitey from taking us to this old and worn down gym.

"Until you boys learn how to play as a team, this is where you'll be playing." Whitey announced.

"What good will it due practicing in a crappy gym, and then playing at school?" Nathan questioned, obviously aggravated.

"You misunderstood me. You'll be playing in this gym... that means practice, games, and my favorite part...the suicides!" Whitey smirked, turning to grab a broom. "But first, you boys better get cleaning" he finished, tossing the broom to Nathan.

Nathan scoffed, handing me the broom before storming out of the gym.

***

The day at school was rather awkward. Every time I saw Peyton I would avoid contact and went the other way. I admit, it was petty, but it was how I was feeling and I wasn't going to apologize for that.

"Hey stranger" Rachel started, "So, since you blew me off last night, how about tonight we do something." she suggested.

"Like what?" I asked, seeing Brooke and Lucas down the hall.

"I don't know. How bout I text you when I want to see you, then you come rushing in." She smirked.

I stopped, and thought a minute. She was so into doing someone and dumping them, so why not? I mean, I still had my v-card and obviously I wasn't getting anywhere by feeling towards them. So, what the hell? "Yeah, sure. Just don't fall for me." I joked, walking away to my locker.

Brooke then rushed over and slammed my locker shut, "What the hell are you doing? For one, best friends don't talk to the other's enemy." She started, referring to Rachel, "And two, what about Peyton."

I shook my head, "Peyton and I aren't anything, and Rachel chases what she wants. So why not." I shrugged, re-opening my locker.

"Woah-woah, back up," she said, slamming my locker shut yet again, "What happened with Peyton?"

I glanced back at Lucas, and she followed suit. "You know why, Brooke."

***

The next day, we were cleaning the old gym again. We had gotten most of the crap on the floor and now was just a matter of fixing the hoops which me and Lucas were doing. Until Dan walked in.

"Well, Whitey, I must say you have really outdone yourself this time." He said, doing the signature Dan Scott smile.

At that moment, Nathan walked in and sent his father a confused look.

"Come on, son. Let's go find you a real gym."

"No, you can go. I'm staying." Nathan rejected, having a triumphant stance.

We all grinned as Dan left the gym, defeated.

***

Later that night, after supper, I decided to go for a run. It was the easiest way to take my mind off of things if they got rough. I had my music blaring, yet, it stopped and my ringtone started to play instead. I saw Haley's name and answered instantly.

"Hales? What's going on?" I asked.

"Just get over here, i'll explain."

I hung up and ran all the way there, I wasn't really that far to begin with. I didn't even knock, I walked right in. Haley was sitting on the couch, and Brooke in the chair.

"Are you alright?" I said, taking a spot next to my sister.

She then explains the whole fight over birth control she had with Nathan, however they did talk it out, she just wanted to insure me that she was being safe and responsible. Obviously, I smiled at that.

"Anyway, I also kinda wanted to ask you something...more like tell you." she joked, but continued," Peyton is doing this cancer benefit CD thing, and I'm helping her out with it." She said.

"That's great for you, Hales. But, why are you telling me this?" I questioned, looking over to Brooke who had an enormous grin on her face.

"Because you're singing on it with me." she stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: aaaaannnndddd scene xD

Toby is in for a fun ride, huh!? Haley is the only one who knows his singing talent, he never even told Brooke! AHHH!!!!!

Anyway, lmao, hope y'all are enjoying this(:

till next time!

*kelsey*