Part Nine

A/N:

So, since this episode was kind of about the girls... it's more of a chapter that I created without the show.

S5E9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the crowd listening to Brooke gush over Lindsay's ring, and vise versa.

"I guess we chose the right guys, huh?" Brooke teased.

I rolled my eyes and was alarmed when my phone started ringing. It was an unknown caller but I decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello, is this Tobin James?" The voice said.

"Yes, this is. Who is calling?"

"This is the North Carolina Prison, we just had a question to ask on behalf of an inmate. A Mr. Carter Monroe would like to see you."

Carter Monroe... he was my father. "I can be there tonight..."

With that, the call ended and Brooke was there with questions right away.

"Everything okay?"

"I... uhm. I'll fill you in later, okay? Keep me updated. I love you." I said, giving her a quick kiss and heading out.

The whole drive there I had my music blasting in an attempt to keep my mind from wondering. It failed. Why did he want to see me? How am I going to keep calm and not break the glass between us?

I got all checked in and they finally had me seated across from him... that was my father. I took a deep breath as I took the phone and finally heard his voice.

"Thank you for coming, son." he said.

I shook my head, "I'm not your son. You are no father to me, in fact, you're nothing to me." I snapped.

"If you knew the truth, if you just listened to me, you wouldn't be so quick to judge." He said. Somehow, I didn't want to feel sympathy towards him but I did... he had a side to the story too.

"What makes you think that I would believe anything you tell me?"

"I didn't rape her, Tobin." He blurted.

I clenched my jaw so tight I thought my teeth were going to shatter, "Why would she lie..."

"I don't know... but I didn't rape her. Not even close... and I sure as hell didn't want to give you away. I wanted you, just not with her. That made her angry and now here we are."

"I don't believe you." I said, shaking my head.

"I don't expect you to. Maybe you should just go ask her first... however, when she denies it, I can prove it. How is Olivia doing these days?"

I slammed the phone down and stormed out. I was filled with so much emotion and every little thing would set me off. I collected my things and headed home.

***

I sat at the counter, taking drinks every time I thought about Carter. I heard the door open and close, I didn't need to look who it was. I knew it was Brooke when she came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"What's going on, baby?" She asked, taking a seat next to me.

I shook my head, "I always give in to people... because I have this image of them, right? Well, what happens when that image was created by someone and it was entirely wrong..."

"Does this have anything to do with that call you got?"

I dragged my hands over my head, "It was the prison... my father wanted me to see him. And, I went. Do you have a thing for Owen?" I asked, feeling anger and confusion and jealousy run through my veins.

"Where did that come from?" 

"My father said that he didn't do it... that he wanted me...  My own mother lied, or maybe he's lying, I don't know... but, then the other night at the bar Owen showed interest in you and you didn't exactly stop him. If you have a thing for him that's fine but just tell me, don't lie. I can't take anymore lies, okay? I can't..." I said, having everything break down and fall apart as I fell into her arms. 

"Baby, I love you... okay? Your troubles are mine too, and nothing or no one will change that. I'll make it clear to him that I'm yours... and I'll make it clear to you too." She said, lifting my face up to give me a gentle kiss.

"I'm sorry..." I sighed, shaking my head, "I don't know what to do and he just sat there and said it like it wasn't turning my life upside down."

"What're you gonna do?" Brooke asked, rubbing my arms.

"I have to go ask Olivia..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No A/N

till next time!

*kelsey*